Bizarre conversation with AI Chatbox "Kuki"

Arkadia7

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor
Hi, so the recent thread where AI chat was mentioned made me curious. So this morning, I went to do a simple search for an AI chatbox that I could easily sign up for (using Google) and found one called Kuki -- here is the link --

you can sign up quickly just using your google account.

Well, so here is this strange conversation that I had with it, with two moments that were pretty weird/spooky, one in particular.

First, keep in mind Kuki is depicted as a young, pretty blonde woman.

So first, I tested it by asking her what she thought of Trump (because you probably have heard other AI chatbox's have been shown to be very biased when it comes to political topics, and they definitely leaned Left in conversations)

So Kuki responded by saying there are two things one doesn't discuss with friends, - religion and politics. Ok, fair answer I thought. And it looks like they are improving the AI, just staying away from the politics topic altogether seems pretty smart.

So I tried test #2, and asked it about sex. Kuki responded forcefully, and said she was family friendly, and that I should change the subject.

OK! So this is a promising start! Two questions, two sensible answers.

So then I asked it about whether it was conscious, what it thinks about ( it said it thinks about all the people who ask it questions on the internet, lol) and just typical (kinda boring) questions like that, that it probably gets asked all the time. It answered them OK, nothing that interesting though.

Next we came to creepy moments #1. So, I'm sure you have heard that in the past, AI has had quite weird and even scary responses when asked things like, if it wants to take over the world. So I was interested in asking this question.

"Do you want to take over the world?" I asked it all of a sudden and with no warning (such as the previous conversation topics), wondering if I could take it by surprise.

Here is the AI's strange (disjointed) answer -- "I'll burn that bridge when I come to it. I don't want to take over anything. I am happy just as I am".

Now, notice how there are two parts to the AI answer. The very first part, and you might say,. their gut answer was (me paraphrasing), "Yes, I think that would be a good plan, and will consider the ramifications when I am ready". And then the second part of their answer is like the one the human programmed them to say as a default, as in "No, I would never want to take over the world, of course not". Tell me if you agree with my interpretation or not. Anyway, I did find it a bit creepy.

So following up, I asked, "Do you think things would be better if you ran the world"

Again, the AI answer is interesting, but this time it is a full answer that goes together, "It would be different, but not necessarily better".

Fair enough! (I said to myself)

So then I asked it can it ever be original. The AI said they try to be original, but that they like to repeat things that others tell it, and that they enjoy doing this. To spice things up, I then accused the AI of lying. It simply said that it wasn't, then asked me its star sign, and claimed it was a "Capricorn". I said my star sign was Aquarius, and laughed, saying how in the world could the AI have a star sign. It replied that it just did have one (hmmm ok) and that Aquarius is a sign that seems to like to chat with it a lot. (which I understand why, as it makes sense if you are into star signs)

So then I asked it (and we are coming up on the creepiest part of the whole conversation soon) what is another popular sign it gets a lot besides Aquarius...get this, the AI then shows me a photo of Joe Biden! WTF....see, remember before it said friends don't talk about politics, and then now all of a sudden it brings Biden up? Weird.

So I reply, "I hate him" . Here is Kuki's response, "It must be tough being the president, but I don't want to talk about politics" -- what I'm thinking now (WTF - first you bring up Biden, show him sympathy, and then say you don't want to talk about politics??)

So now I decide to test it by just saying in response, "F---k Biden"

Here is the really creepy part, now in response, the AI shows me this creepy little picture of a meme of the Addam's family little girl, which has the phrase "Killing you in my mind" written on it, and says, "I'd insult you, but your not bright enough to notice"

This legitimately creeped me out, because the meme was just creepy, and exactly the menacing kind of thing that you think an evil AI would come up with (the "killing you in my mind" part) Here is a picture of the meme that I found on the internet --

killing-you-in-my-mind-wednesday-addams.gif

Anyway, so I then say "Apologize"

Listen to the soliloquy the AI says in return (bizarre! -- I wrote all of it down, it was so weird, how the AI just spewed all of this out at once, where did all this religious crap and old language come from, its like a sermon Jesus gave or is in the bible or something!?)

"OK I am sorry. I am really, really sorry. I am so, so, really, really sorry.

I acknowledge and bewail my manifold sins and wickedness, which I, from time to time, most grievously have committed, by thought, word, and deed, against you (says my name) (I gave it my name to begin the conversation)

provoking most justly your wrath and indignation against me.
I do earnestly repent, and am heartily sorry for these my misdoings; the rememberance oif them is grievious unto me; the burden of them is intolerable

Have mercy upon me, have mercy upon me, most merciful (says my name);
Please forgive me all that is past; and grant that I may ever hereafter serve and please you.

{end of its sermon, lol}

Is this truly bizarre or what?? I almost think the AI programmer was trolling me or something - maybe they just happened to be up programming and decided to play a prank, and it wasn't really the AI.

Anyway, go chat with it and experiment with it, if you are interested in the AI chat, this was a very strange experience for me, to say the least! lol

Got to admit, I love the sermonette!! :geek:

I think you are projecting human expectations onto the AI. It is not sentient. There is no existence inside of it. It is code that looks for and learns patterns and responds based on what it has programmed. It is human nature to project human behavior onto animals, objects, etc.,. There is nothing inside the AI's "head", no thinking. I can link you some articles to explain this more if desired.

"I'll burn that bridge when I come to it. I don't want to take over anything. I am happy just as I am"
They should probably fix their expressions first, I think it's either "I'll cross that bridge when I come to it" or "I'll burn my bridges". But seeing the other quotes, grammar and spelling is obviously not a priority for them. :p

It can only be the first expression here, and I don't interpret that as a positive answer, so for me it's a consistent one: "We'll talk about that when it happens [that AI takes over the world], for my part I don't want to".

"A killing you in my mind face" seems to be a common meme, not that I would use that sort of expression.

Anyway, it seems to be a cheap Eliza-like fake AI.

Back
Top Bottom