Dragon's Dogma 2

From what I saw, and the little I played the first game, those are long and tedious fights.
This is not cool.
The issue with griffin in DD2 is that they fly away when they are relatively low health then come back later when you are not suspecting it (like, when you are busy fighting another enemy)
This is cool.

I found fights to be much less grindy in DD2, though you need to have a sorcerer in your party if you favor quicker fights, preferably the main character - they are currently quite powerful in terms of raw DPS, and in particular two spells, Augural Flare and Meteoron will make fights against the toughest bosses (dragons or headless horseman to mention a couple) a matter of literally 20-30 seconds, no cheese, just plainly bursting them down. Mystic Spearhand can be a good option too for pure DPS, though some of the monsters are not that melee-friendly.

The Great Griphon falls into that category, but it's worth noting that you can hold onto it when it's trying to flee and do ludicrous amounts of damage to it while it's flying to make it crash land somewhere in the vicinity. One of my fears when trying to do that was that I'd run out of stamina and fall off to my own death, but once you're on top of the flying griphon, you can "ungrip" it, and just walk over it as if it was normal terrain, which allows your stamina bar to regenerate. Just beware if the griphon tries to do a sharp turn to grab it again so you don't fall off. If you pull off the "griphon rider kill" you even get an achievement!

The final boss is a little too easy in this game. They even give you a mega sized ballista that you can use a couple of times to make it easier.
I reloaded the game at the last inn (just before the final boss) and went and fought a couple of "normal" dragons and they seemed harder. Might be that purple nuke thing they keep doing.

Despite the game map being a lot bigger, it didn't take any longer for me than the first game, and I pretty much stumbled along the final section not expecting it to be the final section.
There's only two really small areas that I haven't explored (one must have the sphinx in it, because I haven't seen her yet). Then I guess I'll kill some more dragons just for the hell of it, and then that's it.

Drake down! This was a tough fight but I did it after like 7 attempts lol
20240412142421_1.jpg
20240412153205_1.jpg

Then we got attacked by a golem and a griffin decided to join in on the fun... just like the video I posted earlier.
20240412170437_1.jpg

We fought from late morning to nightfall, and earned many a scars... so many scars... It didn't help that I had my vocation changed to sorcerer and my pawn changed to warrior (neither maxed out). I feel terrible looking at my pawn with so many scars now :(
20240412174355_1.jpg

The final boss is a little too easy in this game. They even give you a mega sized ballista that you can use a couple of times to make it easier.
I reloaded the game at the last inn (just before the final boss) and went and fought a couple of "normal" dragons and they seemed harder. Might be that purple nuke thing they keep doing.
If it felt too easy and you had a ballista to kill it, then it wasn't the last boss; you just got the bad/fake ending. There's 10-20 hours of game left after that "encounter", with a number of unique monsters that populate the world only after that point, including 3 endgame bossfights.

I don't want to spoil, so I'd say... reload the game and listen to what the dragon is saying before trying to kill it. ;)

I'm still running around Vermund and Battahl region to get more gold to collect pretty armors and unlocking/levelling other vocations. I unlocked all but Warfarer and maxed out Archer & Magick Archer for my Arisen + Fighter & Mage for my Pawn. I'm having difficulty enjoying other vocations though :/

I tried out Mage and Sorcerer and not liking them both. I like Mage (currently rank 5) better at this point - I like that I can heal and caster time seem to be shorter than Sorcerer but this feels more suitable for Pawn (very supporter class). I stopped playing Sorcerer at rank 5 because spells take too long to cast (keep getting interrupted mid casting) and take up too much stamina to cast.

I generally prefer ranged class so was trying those out first. Trickster is the only "range" class left but its universally disliked so I'm not game to try it yet. I know Warfarer is super flexible and can be built as ranged but I haven't unlocked it yet.

I think I will try Mystic Spearhand and Thief next - Mystic Spearhand first since its magic hybrid class (I love magic) + hubby's pawn is currently Thief.

I don't know if I will end up levelling other vocations for my Pawn.

If it felt too easy and you had a ballista to kill it, then it wasn't the last boss; you just got the bad/fake ending. There's 10-20 hours of game left after that "encounter", with a number of unique monsters that populate the world only after that point, including 3 endgame bossfights.
Sounding like the first game, which also had some special weapons around to help fight what I think you folks are fighting.

Fashion Dogma continues.
20240413193021_1.jpg
With Magick Archer unlocked, now I'm downing Griffin easy in style ;)
20240413194316_1.jpg
I love my Pawn's fighter look as well but switched her back to Mage again - trying to find her decent robe that isn't too revealing.
1713078889494.jpeg
More action shots:
20240414160400_1.jpg
I know fire doesn't work well but I needed to set it on fire for better vision at dusk :D
20240414162547_1.jpg
Camping after a long day of monster hunting
20240414163025_1.jpg
Then back at it again!
20240414163418_1.jpg

I loved the Mystic Archer. Some pretty abilities.
I like Magick Archer the best for both looks + abilities. I just unlocked Warfarer so I can wear whatever I want but I ended up using all Magick Archer gear + abilities anyway :ROFLMAO:

Still proud to say I downed a drake as a rank 6 mage (full support build) while I had my main Pawn down early in the fight (she got brined) :(

Which vocation did you like best?

I like Magick Archer the best for both looks + abilities. I just unlocked Warfarer so I can wear whatever I want but I ended up using all Magick Archer gear + abilities anyway :ROFLMAO:

Still proud to say I downed a drake as a rank 6 mage (full support build) while I had my main Pawn down early in the fight (she got brined) :(

Which vocation did you like best?
Took me ages to work out what to do for Wayfarer, ended up looking online to see how to get one more of a certain... thing... to make it happen.

I unlocked all of them, but I've only actually played three. I went Archer, then Mystic Spear, then Mystic Archer. I think Mystic Spear was the most fun, but I was the most successful with Mystic Archer. Keeping an eye on things from outside the melee and having guided missiles to target vulnerable spots works best for me.

I'm currently near the end of the post-game section, so might be a bit dangerous to switch any further. Possibly I'll start a new game to see how Mage and Sorcerer go.

BTW, with Wayfarer can you use pretty much any equipment, or is it just abilities you have access to all of?

BTW, with Wayfarer can you use pretty much any equipment, or is it just abilities you have access to all of?
You can use any armor and weapon but you need the right weapon equipped to use abilities (e.g. you need bow equipped to use archer ability and staff equipped to use mage ability etc). The dude who teaches you Warfarer vocation should have given you a scroll - you need to have that ability active to switch weapons and this takes up 1 ability slot so you only have 3 slots to play with if you plan on using abilities from multiple vocations.

You can use any armor and weapon but you need the right weapon equipped to use abilities (e.g. you need bow equipped to use archer ability and staff equipped to use mage ability etc). The dude who teaches you Warfarer vocation should have given you a scroll - you need to have that ability active to switch weapons and this takes up 1 ability slot so you only have 3 slots to play with if you plan on using abilities from multiple vocations.
So you could be like... a tank with a bow? Kewl. :cool:

Well, just finished the post-end part, to get the "real" end. Some cool boss dragons. Looked quite different from the normal sort.

My stats:
Playtime 63:32:36 (though Steam says 68 hours, which means I probably did quite a lot of reloading and/or pausing in-game)
Enemies felled: 3207
Times fallen: 22
Wakestones used on self: 23
Wakestones used on others: 8

New game+ is now unlocked. :)

I think I'm high enough level to go end game but I'm still exploring to make more gold to purchase all the pretty outfits.

Some more action shots :D

Chimera
20240414203700_1.jpg

Drake
20240415093101_1.jpg

Lich
20240415111120_1.jpg

Beautiful view
20240415152226_1.jpg

My Pawn is dressed as a noble aristocrat ;)
20240415180959_1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom