Phoenix Point - Terror from the Void 1.0 released

This looks absolutely fantastic. I had no idea such a mod was in the works.

Thought it was another DLC but it was not. Still it sounds interesting.

Thought it was another DLC but it was not. Still it sounds interesting.
Or perhaps it's the other way around, it sounds more interesting because it isn't a DLC :)

Last edited:
I just started to play this game and hopefully I can finish it this time.

So maybe I'll give this mod a download as well.

Last edited:
You compare the developer response to the mod to Bethesda treatment of modders. Now which company would you prefer to work with and encourage.

This is a game I've always wanted to play but never find a good time for. Maybe after I'm done with Eiyuden Chronicles... not sure about this mod, but there should be plenty of content in the original game + DLCs.

This is a game I've always wanted to play but never find a good time for. Maybe after I'm done with Eiyuden Chronicles... not sure about this mod, but there should be plenty of content in the original game + DLCs.
haha same - I backed it so I own it, but have played less than 5 minutes. And that was when it released.

Original game with all DLCs installed is absolutely huge. Did a completionist'ish playthrough a year or two ago, normal difficulty, Steam says I spent 140 hours. A much more enjoyable and memorable game than either of the new XCOMs.

I found it inferior to the newer XCOMs and actually quit after a dozen or so hours out of boredom. The combat is slow and mundane by comparison. The strategic layer is more in-depth, so people who enjoy that will appreciate it, but that aspect was never my favorite part of games like this.

Absolutely hate this game, and I love this genre.

Between silly plot, not being able to stay neutral (if you keep helping a faction, you'll upset others no matter what), lame enemy design/theme and bad AI, I'd much rather play any of the Xcom games again, or Xenonauts.

Back
Top Bottom