The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

Spent some time with Dire Straits this morning:

pibbuR who lives by the Tunes Road (No it's not the English word for songs).

PS. Temperature outside exceeds 293.15 Kelvin (16 on the Reaumur scale, 527.4 on the Rankine), so I'm suffering. DS.

Last edited:
I randomly stumbled upon these guys on YT. Folk music isn't really my thing, but they're pretty good. They're sort of like a Canadian version of Mumford and Sons.

The Dead South - In Hell I'll Be In Good Company

The Dead South - Banjo Odyssey

If you ever wondered what System of a Down would sound like when covered by a folk band...

The Dead South - Chop Suey

Or The Doors

The Dead South - People Are Strange

Today I went from the first two Pink Floyd albums to Pulse. When I first started listening today the outside temperature was 88F, then got up to 98, and dropped to 77 after a wicked thunderstorm. Perfect weather for the Floyd!

Does anything embody the 80's more than this?
I dunno, but whilst considering this question this one came to mind. Local boys! Maybe you've never heard it? From 1984.

Doesn't get much more 80s than that. :p

"Mondo Rock are an Australian rock band, formed in November 1976 in Melbourne, Victoria."

edit: Bonus trivia! The music video was filmed at a Sydney beach, not Melbourne! :)

Last edited:
This morning I was listening to some twenty-two point eight-six centimetres or, as they're known in the U.S., Nine Inch Nails. What a perfect Sunday morning for excellent tuneage! When I go back out for lunch I plan to listen to their Woodstock performance, as I think the versions of Pinion and Reptile are magnificent, heck the entire concert is mesmerizing.

I can get more 80s and more Australian than that.
hahaha yeah. xD I hate that song, though. :p

Here's one that no one will have heard that I liked as a little kid because I liked cicadas.:D (It's a big, noisy insect that was fun to catch. I dunno if you have them in USA.)

Back
Top Bottom