The Kitchen Drawer

A more serious bit of business in Iran that I think does not get enough attention, and also that I find very interesting, in terms of the different-yet-familiar power struggle in a very different culture.

View: https://youtu.be/LQKabkL-BHM

It's interesting but given the history of the country and past protests nothing will change.

It's a shame that some of the worlds oldest areas have been a mess for thousands of years. Mostly due to corrupt governments, foreign exploitation, and their religious beliefs.

I wish the people of Iran the best of luck.

From the interviews I've listened to with everyday Iranians, they see this as an opportunity to topple the current regime. The hijab, as I heard one Iranian describe it, is so entertwined with Islam, their Islamic republic and the people who lead them, they see it as a way to bring the whole system down. The hijab, in these protests, is seen as more of a lynchpin to system of oppression encompassing all aspects of life, social and economic, that will collapse like a house of cards once removed.

I wish them all the luck that can be found on their path ahead. The road will be hard, the resistence fierce. May Allah bless them.

Just to add some context to that - what I find interesting is that we have a respected Nigerian female novelist pointing out the issue. I've seen many on the left trying to make the case that cancel culture is a canard invented by the right. It's just not so, and they need to cut the crap, understand that a great many people feel this way, and that if they don't sort their act out, it will be a massive political liability.

Related story. I never understood why WW1 was considered a world war, still don't, I recognize the idea of it but it still doesn't make sense to me. But 10 years ago I thought WW1 was the world against Germany and thought WW2 was against Russia. So at the time i believed the 6 million Jews recited by many. So I looked though all the censuses of that area during WW1 time, came to about a million or so Jews in the area, so I came to the conclusion that while I believe the holocaust was true, I "knew" the 6 million number wasn't true.

Over the years I have brought this up and i get swiftly banned for saying as much each time and I have been emboldened each time by it. Only recently, like a month ago, I was gloating in a discord channel how I was banned on IGN for saying so. They didn't ban me but asked me why I thought as much. I said how I came to the conclusion and they mocked me for thinking that WWI was when the holocaust happened. So I did my research and found out what was really true and where the 6 million number came from(most from Poland BTW, about 5 million of it). I was both ashamed and frustrated but grateful for those that cleared that up for me. The mod of that discord btw is a Jew himself and from what I understand most Jews don't care for the censorship either whether it be about the holocaust or the Zionists who hold power in Hollywood or whatever people are saying these days.

For most people who are considered to be radicalized, they are one fact away from deradicalization, it is just a matter of them learning that fact by a gentle touch. And censorship is probably radicalizing people a lot.

Population collapse can't get here soon enough.

Population collapse can't get here soon enough.

Its happening in Japan too.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oD1SdkBJ5tc

Could say the same about California as I'm still waiting for that foretold San Andreas fault to split the state. Still it never happens so like Florida hopefully it gets flooded. :biggrin:

Guys hear about this? WTF... Link
Thomas and his brother Anthony, both of whom are autistic, were forced to sleep in the couple’s garage for months prior to Thomas’ death on January 17, 2020, prosecutors said, citing trial evidence.

On that morning, Thomas and his brother had no heat, no bathroom access, no mattress or blankets, and after waking up on the cold cement floor of the garage, Thomas had an accident and soiled his pants, according to the Suffolk County District Attorney’s office.

A surveillance camera showed Michael Valva screaming at Thomas and sending him outside in the subfreezing temperatures, where he was hosed down with water, according to the district attorney’s office, and Thomas lost consciousness and fell face-first onto a concrete patio several times.

I hope against hope that Iran will get to the point of successful revolution, and these theocratic monsters find themselves swinging from a crane.

The interesting thing about Iran is that there is a well-developed, modern middle-class in the country. Many of them reject even the name Iran, and refer to themselves as Persians, wishing for a whole fresh start. I really wish they could get it.

Guys hear about this? WTF... Link

I dont understand this, why did both the woman and the man just let the other behave that way or at least not call child protective services? If they wanted to get rid of the children, they would have been taken from them long ago. I wouldnt have believed it if it wasnt for the surveillance camera.

My faith in humanity took another hit and it didnt have much to begin with.

I hope against hope that Iran will get to the point of successful revolution, and these theocratic monsters find themselves swinging from a crane.

The interesting thing about Iran is that there is a well-developed, modern middle-class in the country. Many of them reject even the name Iran, and refer to themselves as Persians, wishing for a whole fresh start. I really wish they could get it.
I had a former colleague who's from Iran. She's repeatedly claimed that the theocrats can't keep this up, since their own kids are rebelling. She believes most of them will relent since they will not kill their own kids.

Of course, this was 5-10 years ago and they apparently kept it up since, so who knows?

Well given it looks like Iran will be joining China and Russia in the BRICS. There future looks to bleak as they are moving away from the west. We'll see what happens with the protest. As they seem to have fizzled out due to high security and some political promises.

Also looks like Iran is now fully helping the Russian military. Same as N.Korea.

Terrible business in Australia.

View: https://youtu.be/ccRudYmg3cs

It's the same sort of conspiratorial, anti-vax, far-right dickheads, all over the place. 'Sovereign Citizens', FFS.

Back
Top Bottom