The Last Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

Well, Vegas takes the first game 5-2. It was tight until the 3rd period. I hope Florida bounces back in game 2.

That third period blew the net wide open. If Vegas can repeat that a few more times, this will be a short series indeed. Then again, for the past six months I've learned not to underestimate the Panthers, when they've needed to reach deep they have managed to do so.

I was still impressed with Bobrovsky in the Panthers net..this series isn't done yet.
Considering what they did to get to this final, this is pretty much my thought on any doubts atm

Yeah, that was very surprising. I don't know if Vegas is that good or if Florida is just suddenly not playing as well.

Vegas I find to be quite solid, Panthers have good moments yet don't always seem to be able to string them together. That inconsistency can be an absolute killer in series such as these.

Gretsky telling Biz stats are for losers was like the 3rd best highlight of game 3.

Let's hope so. Its twice they got the opening goal then blew the lead.
The way they got blown open the other day I thought they finally hit the wall.
Its ironic that the competition for them has gotten harder considering who they had to go through to get here.

That's the beauty of hockey. You don't know what to expect. It's not like basketball where every game comes down to the last 18 or 3 minutes where 110 point games are won by 1 point, or soccer and it's nil-nil ties going to penalty kicks.

So apparently the Panthers post game give out a "dog bone" to the player of the game. It's a trend we've been seeing in hockey (probably other sports too) like the belt in Vancouver.
But no one seems to have noticed that the team from Florida is now associated with Cats, Rodents, and now Dogs

Back
Top Bottom