Things you might like to know.

Looks like a deepfake, or they drugged the guy before recording him.
I rewatched it, and I did not get the feeling of deepfake whatsoever. Not sure what you're seeing that's suggesting that.
To me he neither seems drugged; he just realizes he's been caught with his pants down not knowing the basics of what his government (the one he advises) is doing. So he's trying to eek out something.

I rewatched it, and I did not get the feeling of deepfake whatsoever. Not sure what you're seeing that's suggesting that.
To me he neither seems drugged; he just realizes he's been caught with his pants down not knowing the basics of what his government (the one he advises) is doing. So he's trying to eek out something.
The guy's searching for his words and stupidly repeats things all the time. I doubt someone like that would've reached that position. Have you seen other videos of him? Answering embarrassing questions and being under scrutiny is what he does for a living, so I don't think a simple question like that could put him in that state.

Or maybe it was just a bad day. 😂

I know people are keen to criticize the government, the corporation, and all the usuall dull stuff, but let's be a little critical. I'm not saying there isn't any problem, but this is jumping to conclusion based on very little.

What an insane decision. After all the success they've had, to at this point try and force them to link to a psn account.
In their place I'd rather just disable the cross-play, if that's what's causing Sony to ask for this. That might take a while to setup.
It's not true that they warned earlier customers that the option was only temporary? I don't own that game, so I have no idea.

I'd hate to need a PS account to play the games ported to PC, though. I hope they won't force that with their future games. As you said, just make the cross-play optional and require a PS account when it's activated.

It's not true that they warned earlier customers that the option was only temporary? I don't own that game, so I have no idea.

I'd hate to need a PS account to play the games ported to PC, though. I hope they won't force that with their future games. As you said, just make the cross-play optional and require a PS account when it's activated.
From what I understand they didn't require it at the start. Didn't get exactly why, but apparently they had some issues with the integration so they disabled it.
They might've hidden that the integration would come in at a certain point. I certainly don't remember seeing it anywhere. I played the game for around 1h then refunded it since I don't have time for multiplayer-only games.

From what I understand they didn't require it at the start. Didn't get exactly why, but apparently they had some issues with the integration so they disabled it.
They might've hidden that the integration would come in at a certain point. I certainly don't remember seeing it anywhere. I played the game for around 1h then refunded it since I don't have time for multiplayer-only games.
Maybe hidden in the km-long EULA, with some incomprehensible jargon. :D

Pfew. I quickly check it for HZD and Elden Ring, and there was no mention of PSN account. Sony has never been my prefered company when it comes to the customer's respect.

Maybe hidden in the km-long EULA, with some incomprehensible jargon. :D

Pfew. I quickly check it for HZD and Elden Ring, and there was no mention of PSN account. Sony has never been my prefered company when it comes to the customer's respect.
I think almost all Sony PC ports had that integration with PSN accounts, but they never forced you to. They just tried to get you to do it.
And it seems this is the first one that apparently forces this. I assume it's because of the cross-play with console players.
What I don't get is why exactly they need this. If they want PC players to agree to the Sony legal documents surely they can do that without needing you to link to the account as well.
Or maybe that's the only way they can easily track you from the Sony ecosystem. And Sony doesn't want to have to go through an indirect ecosystem or something.

Regardless, I'm surprised they didn't foresee this backlash. They could've easily just made the cross-play an option you toggle on or off. And then only force those players that want the cross-play with Sony to have to link their accounts.
But maybe there's some other politics at play that we're not privy to.

What I don't get is why exactly they need this. If they want PC players to agree to the Sony legal documents surely they can do that without needing you to link to the account as well.
Or maybe that's the only way they can easily track you from the Sony ecosystem. And Sony doesn't want to have to go through an indirect ecosystem or something.
From what I understand, they need it if they want to ban users for such or such reason, which they can't do if they crossplay from a Steam account.

He might be onto something. ;)

I wonder what the context of the discussion was.
Going by the background wallpaper, it's the usual WEF gathering where big business vampires have at their economic plans for sucking even more value from everything in the world and its resources.
Plus, more recently, planning for the aftermath of what late-stage capitalism will bring over.

I don't think they would ever do that for single-players games. The backlash from fans would be overwhelming. I don't know much about Helldivers, but I know it's a multiplayer game, so that's probably a factor there.

Going by the background wallpaper, it's the usual WEF gathering where big business vampires have at their economic plans for sucking even more value from everything in the world and its resources.
Plus, more recently, planning for the aftermath of what late-stage capitalism will bring over.
Funny that there are public videos of the event. Maybe it wasn't supposed to happen.

Funny that there are public videos of the event. Maybe it wasn't supposed to happen.
I think most people have already been brainwashed into the endless growth and endless expansion cult, so I don't think they care anymore about that.
What is fascinating is when you hear them around stuff like this. It's almost like they're trolling, since there's been a few remarks like that.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pjpmh_iG9PE

Another one, again from Klaus, was about how AGI and the ability to digitize the psyche being right around the corner, and the rich will be able to store themselves beyond death.
It's almost like they're trolling the general populace. Or maybe they are insane enough to believe their own farts.

Back
Top Bottom