Why was I singled out?

notdart

Sentinel
There is an entire thread on unrelated topic in broken road release forum and i replied to one of them which was promptly deleted but none of the other 10 posts which triggered my post have been deleted. So my question is why signal me out for deletion. Why not go back and delete everyones post on planescape, chris avellone et all ?

I'm a bit confused by the wording here, but you're probably typing fast and unsettled.

There isn't a broken roads forum? There's a couple of threads in news and only 1 has double digit posts.

So do you mean you just had a post deleted from the broken roads thread in the news section?

If so, sounds like it was probably a mistake rather than an intention. Mod went to click 'back to top' or just 'back' or something and clicked the wrong button is my guess.

Your post was political in nature - not simply slightly off-topic. If you want to discuss such things, please bring to the politics forum.
Chris Avellone writing for a game is not the same as indecent acts he may or may not have committed...

No...no..must hold back my opinion on those allegations.

I'll save it for the proper section.

Your post was political in nature - not simply slightly off-topic. If you want to discuss such things, please bring to the politics forum.
Chris Avellone writing for a game is not the same as indecent acts he may or may not have committed...
I wasn't asking if he was guilty or innocent or people thoughts on the matter; i was asking if he had recovered from the false accustation - i.,e working again. There was a court settlement and retraction that resolved the issue. I also did not ask what people thought about the slander or if the retractions were genuine or forced.

He was blacklisted based on a retracted statement and i was asking if after the retraction he was able to work again.

Please explain how that is political. Actually don't bother it doesn't matter. you will delete any post you dislike since you are the mod after all that is what mods do - direct things the way they see fit.
--

Last edited:
We must have a completely different concept of off-topic, lol. The pedigree of the lead writer of the game under discussion - not really off-topic, lol. The sex life and scandal aftermath of a completely different writer who was only mentioned in passing - totally off-topic, lol.

The off-topic'ness wasn't the reason it seems, and the semantics of off-topic are indeed an impossible line to fully draw, but your post does suggest you have a very loose concept of off-topic, lol.

We must have a completely different concept of off-topic, lol.
My very own concept of "off-topic" (which is why one of nicknames in the Larian forums is simply "Off") consists of "being late to the show".
It was in the 90s, when I saved discussions as HTML files from the Attic forums and later from the very early Larian forums in the internet pool room at university onto my disquette, went home, read everything there, slowly, wrote a reply there, and then went to that same internet pool room at university and uploaded my reply into that discussion there the next day.
Which, of course, had already evolved much, much further, sometimes ...

Last edited:
Seems sensible to me to not hijack a videogame discussion into a controversial political/yellow-press/karengossip debate about someone's sex life scandals, at least when the topic is not about them or a game they've made; not a complex concept to understand.

Back
Top Bottom