XenForo forums: Tips, Tricks & Questions

I'm still getting intermittent pauses on the forum. It's random, but sometimes there's a short wait between clicking a link and it taking me there, while other times it's instantaneous. It's not on my end because other sites react immediately.

It could simply be impatience on my part. Maybe the server just isn't very fast?

The server's more than fast enough, this could be down to any number of things, but usually it's an issue on route from your location to the server. Such issues are usually temporary, but if it's something that you see happening over periods of weeks rather than days, it could be something else. Is anyone else experiencing this?

I experience pauses now and then but not too often to be really annoying. It stops responding for a few seconds, up to 30 seconds sometimes, which is more rare. I just thought it was doing a backup or rebooting.

Reboots aren't common, but backups are being done a few times per day. However, backup periods are longer than a few seconds, so when backups are being run, the site won't respond for a couple of minutes.

Back
Top Bottom