Fallout 4 - New Vegas Mod Gameplay

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
DSOGaming reports that the New Vegas mod for Fallout 4 has a gameplay video and some new screenshots.

The team behind the New Vegas mod for Fallout 4 has released the first gameplay video for it, showcasing some of its system mechanics. This video also packs some combat mechanics so you will get an idea of what you can expect from it. Furthermore, the team also released some brand new screenshots that you can view below.
[...]

More information.

I've never played any of the Fallout games... was thinking about picking up FV4 with all the expansions. Are there any must-have mods. For example, is there a UI mod that is just a MUST HAVE as SkyUi was for Skyrim?

I've never played any of the Fallout games… was thinking about picking up FV4 with all the expansions.

Omg, don't do that to yourself. You'll be ruining your experience with Fallout. If you absolutely can't abide the graphics of FO1 & FO2 (they're really not that bad), pick up New Vegas.

I tried NV for the first time recently... I just couldn't feel any spark. Dropped it about 10 hrs in.

I've never played any of the Fallout games…

whatamireading.png

Dear lord, Fallout four would be a dreadful place to enter that series, if you've not played any as of yet. I'd honestly suggest playing them in the order they were released, just to be fair.

I've never played any of the Fallout games… was thinking about picking up FV4 with all the expansions. Are there any must-have mods. For example, is there a UI mod that is just a MUST HAVE as SkyUi was for Skyrim?

In my opinion, Fallout 4 is far and away the best one - but you have to play on Survival mode for it to really feel like Fallout. Also, there are several mods that I consider a must, including all the big Radio ones :)

Survival can be harsh and brutal - not to mention time-consuming, so I recommend considering some of the Survival mods that make it a little more lenient. For instance, I use the auto-save on transition mod - because I've lost too much time dying without it.

Survival without mods is MUCH harder than the original Fallouts - but it's also a lot more inconvenient in terms of weight and hunger/thirst. It will depend on your personal preferences. I've never particularly enjoyed constantly having to go back and forth - or not picking up good stuff, so I tend to play with reduced weight mods as well.

It's not "realistic" - but it's also not really fun without them.

Yes, you should definitely get DEF_UI as a minimum. I like to customize my UI to 0.6 scale - but that's somewhat complicated.

That said, there's no doubt that the purists will favor Fallout and Fallout 2.

But, really, they're all great games in my opinion. I prefer FO3 modded and FO4 because I particularly enjoy their take on immersion and exploration.

FO and FO2 can get a little bogged down in endless combat and samey buildings. But, to each is own. They do have better writing, though - which isn't too hard as FO3 and FO4 have crappy Bethesda writing for the most part.

Depends what you're looking for really. You can put the fallout games in two camps. Fallout 1 and 2 in the isometric - turnbased - rpg - camp and Fallout 3, New Vegas and Fallout 4 in the Elder Scrolls with Fallout theme - camp.

If you like the isometric type and don't mind old looks, start with Fallout 1.

If you like the idea of an Elder Scrolls with a Fallout theme then go with Darts suggestion or Fallout New Vegas if you want better writing.

My personal favourite is Fallout 2.

I just didn't see enough of a difference graphically to worry about trying this mod. I couldn't see a huge difference in quality.

Just another "Morrowind" project that will never see the light of day while it is still relevant.

I never got to finish New Vegas because it was so unstable every time I tried. Mods, no mods, unofficial patches, stability tweaks, 4Gb mod...nothing stopped it crashing constantly after around ten hours of play. In the unlikely event this reaches public release I’ll finally be able to do a full playthrough instead of just hearing about how great it is.

I never got to finish New Vegas because it was so unstable every time I tried. Mods, no mods, unofficial patches, stability tweaks, 4Gb mod…nothing stopped it crashing constantly after around ten hours of play. In the unlikely event this reaches public release I’ll finally be able to do a full playthrough instead of just hearing about how great it is.

Well then, I hope this makes it through all the way. FNV was pretty fun. I thought most of the companions were lame, but you can always pick up the Willow mod.

Makes no sense at all to me when you can just go and play FNV anyhow. I would never use such a mod. I am replaying FNV itself with all the DLC and mods (I never played it with mods as that was before my modding exposure) and loving it. Just as I love FO4 and also loved FO1 and FO2. FO3 was the only one I didn't like too much.

FNV seems very stable to me once you get your set-up done.

I don't see much sense porting Fallout new vegas to fallout 4 engine. The difference isn't that remarkable. I'd rather see a fallout 1 or 2 port.

Back
Top Bottom