Fallout 4 - New Vegas Mod Gameplay

I enjoyed Fallout 4. It had problems, but I didn't think the engine was one of them.

All the TES/FO games have been impressive in a technical sense upon release. Well, at least to me.

I can still remember the first Morrowind and Oblivion trailers and my jaw hitting the flaw watching them. Among the most immersive and technically accomplished games of their time in terms of visual fidelity.

Skyrim and Fallout 4 might not be "leaps and bounds" beyond what came before - but the engine is still a match for almost all other open world games that I'm aware of.

It's not perfect, though.

I think the aging engine will bite them sooner or later, if they don't create something more current gen.

And, I would say the improvements from Oblivion to Skyrim were vastly greater than the difference between Skyrim and Fallout 4.

I see you've run out of straws again, Dart.

We can't all be as inventive as you with your ultra repetitive criticism of the same Bethsoft games in every single thread about them :)

Anyway, aren't we done here.

We can either agree that you're a blind hater and I'm a blind fan - or we can agree to simply disagree.

But I'm not a blind hater. I've tried every one of their shoddy underwhelming games since Morrowind. I just take notice of the flaws and the devs' ever-evolving drive to do away with all facets of an RPG. But there are people who love empty husk hiking simulators, so have fun.

As to the mod, I doubt it will get done. The number of quests and dialogue in FNV is pretty unwieldy even for a full team, let alone a bunch of volunteers whose enthusiasm will undoubtedly wane.

Wow, you couldn't let it go even if I gave you a fair way of doing it. You just had to shit on what other people find fun and insist it's factual rather than a simple matter of personal preferences.

I'm impressed :)

The mod itself does indeed seem redundant - and I don't think NV mechanics compare favorably to FO4 Survival.

To NV fans, I would say the game is recent enough to just play that instead.

NewDArt is my hero...well in this thread ;)

Right now I am playing FNV, Skyrim, and FO4. I tend to alternate between them depending on mood and also weaving a storyline between the all.

When it comes to the engine I don't know the details on how vast or small the changes are. I can, however, take note of differences I see in playing as well as some visual (shader) differences based on preset and modding work I do.

I see less difference between FNV and Skyrim although I do see more enhanced visuals and rendering in Skyrim over FNV for sure. The biggest difference is to FO4. Rain occlusion (love that so much), wet shaders, god-rays, lighting, rendering ... all way better than Skyrim or FNV to me. Also the game is much more stable, runs faster, and is more enjoyable (hard to quantify that though) to play one. Simply looks much better and runs better.

As for the old engine - I agree a new one would be nice. Yet I also think there is a silver lining to the old one and that is simply that it can make modding an other things easier. I am able to use console commands across all three games which means not having to learn a new engine. Mod format does change but I think keeping the same engine helps the modding community in many ways (although granted its a small slice of the population). A whole new engine I would think would increase the learning curve of making mods for it.

I also fail to understand why some people feel the need to insult others who like a game they don't. Perfectly fine to voice an opinion and say game A is dull, boring, unimaginative, etc. That is one person's personal opinion and totally valid. But why they have to go further and then say anyone who does like this game, that they don't, must then be stupid, dull, and so on ... why?

What's the point of that? Why insult other people for a game they enjoy and like that has nothing at all to do with their own opinion? Does the fact that other people like a game and they don't somehow threaten them or make their own opinion less valid in some way? Just doesn't make sense unless, of course, they are a trolling asshat and then best to just put those kind of people on ignore.

Back
Top Bottom