Drakensang: TDE - Complete Saga Edition for NA in Sept?

Dhruin

SasqWatch
It looks like the US will get a "Complete Saga Edition" for Drakensang, Drakensang: The River of Time and Phileasson's Secret, possibly in September. Here's the post from a dtp rep on their forums:
ValuSoft will publish a Complete Saga edition including The Dark Eye, River of Time and Phileasson’s Secret in the USA. The release is planned for the 20th September of 2011. As far as i know, they are still deciding whether to publish it online only or also as boxed product, they have rights for both.
Thanks, Alrik!
More information.

I have just sacraficed a goat in the name of the 'boxed' gods. Hope it works.

The reviewers hated the add-on, but it has to be seen in the context of a 30€ expansion. As 5$ DLC adding another 8 hours of combat it would probably have been considered great value.

After going through the effort of importing RoT, it looks like it might be getting released here anyways. :roll:

Well if they do indeed release a boxed version, I hope they don't skimp on the extras.

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I don't see the appeal of having a box for a video game.

Grab your torch and pitchforks... GET HIM!!!!!

:p

I wonder how this would differ from the stuff I recently bought on steam during the big sale.

I guess there was a time when I cared about having boxes and such but I think I've managed to get past that. It took me a week just to flat-pack my boxed games into ziplock bags so I have room to store them somewhere.

I have just sacraficed a goat in the name of the 'boxed' gods. Hope it works.
Pictures of goats don't count. Try again. ;)

I need to go poke my nose into the expansion. From what I hear, it's set up for mid-level characters and that's about where I'm at now. I just hope it doesn't end up making me too strong for the rest of the game.

Still can't get Phileasson's Secret or TRoT on Steam or Gamersgate here in the UK. Would be nice to have the former to go with my imported copy of TRoT, but I'm not holding my breath.

The reviewers hated the add-on, but it has to be seen in the context of a 30€ expansion. As 5$ DLC adding another 8 hours of combat it would probably have been considered great value.
I wouldn´t be so sure about it actually.
Unlike its predecessor, River of Time offers an exceptionally well balanced gameplay experience and the near lack of filler combat is crucial part of it.
From the sound of it, Phileasson's Secret´s 8 hours of repetitive combatfest skews this balance and it might as well mar the overall sense of flow and tightness of the whole game.
Personally I wouldn´t like this to happen even for free :).

I finished RoT but backed out of the temple area after fighting about 1000 crabs and still not close to the end. Good thing it was optional. I don't understand why someone would enjoy that kind of repetitive game play, but it takes all kinds I guess.

Still can't get Phileasson's Secret or TRoT on Steam or Gamersgate here in the UK.

In the thread linked in the first post, the rep said :

hi Dwagginz,

sorry but I don't have any good news about UK-releases for you. Best chance is possibly to import the Complete Saga from the US, when it has been released there..

Plus :

Ok,

just got the info, that the Complete Saga in US will be available as a boxed version.

Remember : ValuSoft is a daughter company of THQ.

And that means they'll do very, very little to support it.
The didn't do it for the first Drakensang game as well.

THQ U.S. even doesn't list the Drakensang 1 game anymore !

Remember : ValuSoft is a daughter company of THQ.

And that means they'll do very, very little to support it.
The didn't do it for the first Drakensang game as well.

THQ U.S. even doesn't list the Drakensang 1 game anymore !

And why should THQ list Drakensang ?!

Valusoft does not do manuals anymore, at least not in anything I have bought. Amnesia for example.

I personally just gave up boxes finally. I held out for a long time, but boxes lately have been so pointless other than The Witcher 2 and online versions are coming with more and more bonuses and discounts. By purchasing the boxed versions of Alice and Dungeon Siege 3 as well as others I lost out on cool content I would have gotten online, and the boxes are literally just a disc in a case. Lame.

Back
Top Bottom