Dungeon Kingdom - A Dungeon Crawler RPG

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
I recived news from the devolopers of a new Dungeon Crawler RPG called Dungeon Kingdom on Steam Greenlight. I made a post about the game last year.

Here is the latest video, and game description.

Dungeon Kingdom is a Dungeon Crawler RPG game walking in the tracks of Dungeon Master and Ishar games. We love Dungeon Crawlers, and Dungeon Kingdom is our tribute to these fantastics games such as Chaos Strikes Back, Eye of Beholder, and all others ! We have spent a lot of time on details for the best in-game experience , atmosphere and ergonomy. We work hard, and give our best to entertain you !

Some of the features are:

• Multiple environments !!!
  • Dungeon Kingdom's world is made of contininous levels, there's no fading or loading between levels, except for major environment changes.
  • Cross-platforms game save sharing : start on one device, resume on another one ! Start on PC or Mac, continue on your iPad or Android smartphone.
  • Advanced and optimized Graphics on any platform.
  • Dungeon Kingdom use real Physics engine powered by PhysX, opening new opportunities of puzzles.
  • Unlike many Crawlers, Dungeon Kingdom has advanced AI and navigation systems.
  • Modern features such as achievements.
  • Different play modes are available to fit best any player experience of Dungeon Crawler style games.
  • Strong story design, created with a sequel in mind.
More information.

Ohhh, there's bugs! :cries: Why are there always bugs? And by bugs I mean, crawly bugs, not game-breaker bugs.

It looks nice though! A bit more colorful than Grimrock...^.^

Would like to see more about the "Strong Story Design". The Videos and sreenshots don't show any of it's implementation.

The character portraits could stand to be a little smaller, and I don't like where they're positioned, but otherwise this looks pretty good.

The big question is if it will be another Coldfire Keep, a good looking Grimrock
clone that suffered from being a phone port. It had poor documentation, and a lamentable UI. I know that if Baldur's Gate can be made on Android, that there is no reason that this game couldn't turn out well, so I'll keep my eye on it.

Needs more! Exclamation points!! :)

This definitely has some nice potential; thanks for posting! I'll be keeping a roving dungeon crawling eye upon it's progress.

Last edited:
I'd normally jump at the chance to play another dungeon crawler... but with so many great rpgs due out over the next 6 months, I'm not sure I can find the time. But, if the price is right, I'll add it to my Steam library anyway.

UI Size

The character portraits could stand to be a little smaller, and I don't like where they're positioned, but otherwise this looks pretty good.

Actually the video you are watching with the big UI is aimed to small screen devices. the Computers has smaller UI, please check our video on youtube, in some videos we switch to smaller one.
Thanks for your feedback.

Story

Would like to see more about the "Strong Story Design". The Videos and sreenshots don't show any of it's implementation.

We'll unveil more informations now that the indiegogo campaign is launched.

We play the role of a character who is sent by his father to enter a contest for a local guild in order to have a future in this country called Pohe Fakesys at the dawn of the 4th age.

This character has a special sign: a sign of a crescent moon on a part of his body. He does not know its origin, but his father had always forbidden to show it publicly.

This sign is the recipient of one of six jewels, fragments of the spirit of Kisanth.

Adwij, the goddess beat Kisanth in the past (the second age, in the form of a gold dragon), but she did not kill him, she shared her spirit into six pieces and froze his body. His body is kept safe on the frozen lake, he lost his eye and he is left with six hollow cavities awaiting revival.

The fragments are kept safe but some were lost. To ensure that the fragments are not brought to Kisanth by his servants, Adwij made ​​sure that everyone who wants to capture a fragment die immediately, except for holders elected to watch over and keep these fragments Kisanth distant ...

You begin the game in the great temple of Adwij, sent there immediately by members of the guild of magic when they noticed the sign of the moon ...

In this context, you should know that the power of magic fades, it is believed that magic emitted by the resulting gap in the fight between Adwij and Kisanth is shrinking, and the grand master of the temple of Adwij wants to ban magic .

Thanks Kanda!

But what's more interesting than the story itself is actually it's implementation for me.

Grimrock had a story as well. But all in game you saw from this story is some text and cogwheels when you were resting. That wasn't very engaging compared to Lands of Lore or Eye of the Beholder for example.

Thanks Kanda!
But what's more interesting than the story itself is actually it's implementation for me.
Grimrock had a story as well. But all in game you saw from this story is some text and cogwheels when you were resting. That wasn't very engaging compared to Lands of Lore or Eye of the Beholder for example.

@Kordanor : one of the stuff we'll had if we raise enough funds will allw us to have speaking portraits, like lip sync, idle animation. The system is awesome but costly.
The story integration is more closer to Eye of the Beholder than in grimrock. And tere are surprise during the game on that side...

a bit of udapte, with a few portraits:

portraits.jpg

Back
Top Bottom