Dragon Age: Inquisition - Video Preview

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Adam Cook of GodisaGeek has put together a new video preview for Dragon Age: Inquisition, and posted another video from Gamescom 2014 from last month.

At gamescom this year, Calvin got a lengthy hands on with the shiny, new-gen Dragon Age: Inquisition. Hear him talk to Adam about his hour with the game.

Calvin interviews Bioware's Aaryn Flynn and gets all the details on Dragon Age: Inquisition!
More information.

Combat looks much like Dragon Age 2 :(

Not a day 1 purchase for me.

I bought Dragon Age 2 four weeks ago for 2.5 Euro. Fellow Watchers have warned me, but this was too cheap, so I couldn't resist.
I played through it (wanted to see the end of the story), but combat, dialog and world design were boring and simplified as hell.
It really feels like a fast paced Hack&Slash game with just minimal use of tactics.

xvMNmSu.gif

:confirmedpopamole:

Last edited:
Before watching:

sLO5gA0.gif

After watching (a baby, Sims 4 (TM) EA):

csbw9ytezygs16ge3hkf.png

I really have to wonder why people with ~0.1% gaming insight are telling other people about games that aren't released.

Why don't they find someone with experience?

Also "We asked for extra time, and EA supported us."

That's funny, because I seem to remember Bioware claiming EA gave them pretty much full control. It seems they have to ask before they can be allowed to fix serious bugs.

That doesn't smell like full control.

Looks awful, won't stand a chance against the upcoming witcher game.

Sadly, that's a very uninspiring and insipid video of game-play. It certainly looks and feels more like Dragon Age 2 than Origins to me as well at this point, albeit just in a bigger world space. Too fast, too many pretty flashing lights and not enough tactical substance on the bone to my taste.

I think I must be one of the only people left on RPGWatch that's actually getting more excited about this game and not less.

Edit: Nevermind. :-/ I need sun.

Just listen to the guy in the video and you know why.
Flashy, awesome, casual is easy to sell.
You don't need to read a manual, no messing around with character creation and progression. Always 3 or 4 answers with icons, because you have to know if it's good bad or funny…

Okay - I stop here because I don't want get too negative;)

Just when I started to believe that Bioware learned something from DA2 debacle and genuinely wanted to mend their ways they come up with this fluff...

I think I must be one of the only people left on RPGWatch that's actually getting more excited about this game and not less.

Edit: Nevermind. :-/ I need sun.

My copy is pre-ordred and awaiting download.:)

Nothing I have watched online has made me regret it so your not alone.

So Couch & Aubrielle why are you thinking this will be a good game?

Simple answer Hidden X I like to play a variety of RPGs.;)

It also seems ordinary to bash every Bioware game nowadays without playing them first. I said this before in not so nice words on other threads before.

I even hated DA 2 at first but ended up playing it six times. I think the game was average at best though so I can't call it good.

So I'll not give my opinion of this game yet till after I have played it a few times.

Last edited:
I even hated DA 2 at first but ended up playing it six times. I think the game was average at best though so I can't call it good.

That's just weird... :lol:

I'll wait for your review then. 6 times, really? You have stamina...

I expect it to be an entertaining game personally (and I pre-ordered).

I'm more interested now that when it was announced, but is by no means a day 1 purchase for me. My friend IS getting it though so I'll see what's what before I decide. Combat matters a lot to me and as with DA2, it seems to me that when it's not so difficult to win it real-time, tactics aren't that important.

Back
Top Bottom