Dragon Age: Inquisition - Video Preview

So you want an interactive story book - with some click to death action in between?

I'll wait for your review then. 6 times, really? You have stamina…
The first two times I forced myself.:sweatdrop:

The other four was to replay with different outcomes.
That's just weird…

To you maybe.;)

At the end of the day I have played worse RPG games than DA 2.

So you want an interactive story book - with some click to death action in between?
Interactive story books are not that bad. Like Joxer I have played visual novels, and other JRPG's. I also realize they will not be for everyone.:)

I hit my hand once with a hammer, just like I played DA2 once. Mind you hitting my hand was an accident.

I didn't hit my hand five more times to see if there was a different out come as it was painful the first time. But not as painful as playing DA2.

Just playing…if someone wants to play a game I don't like who am I to say …

I played only one lately … Loren the Amazon Princess
I also played Planet Stronghold, and it was just as good. The developer has has two more visual novel RPG in development if your interested.

Planet Stronghold: Colonial Defense

Link- http://www.winterwolves.net/blog/2014/08/announcing-planet-stronghold-colonial-defense/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+WinterWolves+%28Computer+Games%29

Tales Of Aravorn: Seasons Of The Wolf

Link - http://indierpgs.com/2014/05/indierpgs-com-checks-out-tales-of-aravorn-seasons-of-the-wolf/http://

Maybe Joxer has an opinion as I know he like theses games also.:)

I'll keep an eye on it, but my next game is Wasteland 2.
I agree and if I recall it should be released on the 19th of this month. I just hope it's worth it as I read about all the various changes made to the game in Beta.

I say this because I didn't play any beta versions during development.

It may be out the 19th but, if it requires the usual amount of patches before being fully complete like most games these days, May might be the perfect play time. Of course, they could release a game that doesn't require a single patch....it really could happen!

I didn't play the beta as well - I don't want to spoil the fun.

A beta phase is made for last adjustments and finetuning, let's hope they get it done.

It may be out the 19th but, if it requires the usual amount of patches before being fully complete like most games these days, May might be the perfect play time. Of course, they could release a game that doesn't require a single patch….it really could happen!

Everything is possible - even Risen 3 (a Piranha Bytes Game!) was bug free ;)

No, it wasn't ;) . It might not have been a bug hive like Gothic 3 but it certainly was not bug free either. Luckily most bugs were only minor annoyances though.

Risen 3 was about as bug free as an open-world game could be at release. I think I can count the number of bugs on my fingers.

I've been going back and forth on whether or not I was going to pre-order Dragon Age: Inquisition. After watching that video, I can confidently say that I'm not going to play this at release. There are simply too many other games that I'd rather play.

All the talk about DA:I being a combination of DA:O and DA2 is starting to seem like pure bunk. This game is obviously a lot closer to DA2 gameplay-wise.

All the talk about DA:I being a combination of DA:O and DA2 is starting to seem like pure bunk. This game is obviously a lot closer to DA2 gameplay-wise.

Why would anyone think they(EA) would change their cookie cutter way of making games. Just like McDonalds in the beginning use to make real buggers, they found as it grew they didn't need to any more. The sheep would still line up with cash in hand. It is much easier to please the masses than the few, as the masses will always do what the other one is doing.

I truly do believe that DA O was a fluke by BioWare and if EA had been on top of it, it wouldn't have been as good as it was. It was a nice game and good to see they had some of their roots still in the ground. Though DA O was most likely the end of anything they could have produced with any quality behind it.

It just gave EA the rights to pull the last roots out of the ground and replant them along with every other company they have.......

So Couch & Aubrielle why are you thinking this will be a good game?

There's actually a lot of reasons I'm excited about this game. It took me a while, but I was brought around. :)

For me, everything from simple stuff like freedom of movement. In this game, it looks like movement won't be as cumbersome as in some Bioware games - like Mass Effect, DA:O - it looks a little more fluid now. Then there's combat - my edit came from watching more of the video and realizing that they did put a tactical combat mode in, so you have your choice of the hack-and-slash-y DA2 style, or the tactical style we all love. It's colorful…and as an artsy and overly-sensitive person, color saturation and pretty graphics actually matter a lot to me (make fun of me if you wish ;p - I thought DA:O was a crowning achievment for RPG's but I always felt empty and depressed after playing, and I think it was the bleak landscapes everywhere and the sickly color scheme). The character development - I'm actually really happy to see a lesbian character, and one who isn't portrayed in some cruel overplayed stereotype. Then there's character creation - one of Couch's earlier updates hinted that character creation in this game would be deeper and more complex than in any Bioware game ever. And of course, it's a massive open world nearly the size of Skyrim…

It's got a lot going for it, I think, and even though I'm still bitter at Bioware for ME3 (and I still hate EA, I won't deny it), I'm still excited for this game, and I'm fully conscious that I'm a minority here. :XD:

My biggest problem with this game is the thought that the tactical gameplay is probably going to be an afterthought. I just can't seem them really implementing a satisfying tactical experience when the masses and their main demographics want fast-paced and flashy action. So what are the chances they balance the game so strategy is actually needed? Call me a pessimist but I just doubt it's going to happen.

So, the few of us who want something not as flashy, a bit slower and more methodical "brain-food" as it were, will just have to keep re-playing Baldur's Gate games for infinity and hope that Kickstarters like Pillars of Eternity and Wasteland 2 deliver .. :D

Im still excited about it, looks good imo. It's worth noting that he says there still is the pause-command thing if you want to use it, he just isn't, and it looks like a fairly easy area he's in. That said, combat mechanics was not my major problem with DA2, in fact at times i quite enjoyed it.

My problem with DA2 was : The story was lame, the areas were recycled garbage, the path completely linear, the companions werent interesting and were virtually non-customizable, the waves of enemies were grueling, spawning shit behind you and cheap tricks. Oh and ill never forgive what they did to the mabari war hound, making it some lame summons instead of a full party member

No, it wasn't ;) . It might not have been a bug hive like Gothic 3 but it certainly was not bug free either. Luckily most bugs were only minor annoyances though.
Risen 3 was about as bug free as an open-world game could be at release. I think I can count the number of bugs on my fingers.
No, something like that and almost!

There are four gamestopper bugs reported, actually. :D
Don't worry if you're in the middle of the game, they happen so rare it's near impossible to stumble upon them.

One was reported only once, the player refused to provide the problematic savegame but restarted instead when everything worked properly (suspected cause to the bug: cheating).
Second one was reported quite a few times, but only from people who don't have a mouse near their nick on Steam (suspected: piracy).
The third one was reported a few times but only on PC version, there is also a vid on youtube.
The fourth one was reported about a dozen times and unlike previous three can happen on PC and PS3.

However, the total number of bugs, doesn't exceed 20.
Now for a game of this size and after so much bugridden games at the market, that's worth a respect.

Maybe Joxer has an opinion as I know he like theses games also.
Get real, those two games mean only one thing to me.
Instabuy! :D

Back on topic, sorry for hijacking the thread. I didn't preorder DA3, and the vid didn't persuade me into it. Which means my GMG -23% personal voucher will be left unused. Or maybe… I got an idea what game to buy with it!

Well seems Bioware confirmed all the romance options today. I'll have a roundup later on with more information. Let this lovely pic found on imgur say it all.

SHdDkbE.png

Here are our “core” romance options. They are available to players of any race, and fulfill our first design goal of providing multiple options to everyone:

• Cassandra is interested in male characters.
  • Blackwall is interested in female characters.
  • Josephine is interested in both male and female characters
  • Iron Bull is interested in both male and female characters
  • Sera is interested in female characters.
  • Dorian is interested in male characters.
Two “additional” romance options were added to the game as a result of the extra development time DA:I received. They are more limited in scope, largely for reasons directly related to their story arcs, but are otherwise the equal of the other options:

• Cullen is interested in female elves and female humans.

• Solas is interested in female elves only.
This means that of our core cast, Varric, Vivienne, Cole, and Leliana are not romance options. While we know this may disappoint some fans who were interested in them, we don’t believe that they lose out, as each character engages in their own meaningful story.
Not to be mean but I notice a trend here.:)

Couch seems to me you, I mean they, seriously want me not to buy it.
I want Leliana in my bed! Especially after I saw her transformation from Jesus' sister into a deadly mistress of doom in one of early vids.

Yea, okay, I'll just wait for modders, no prob. ;)
Or romance Varric. Damn, he's also not an option.
They killed all fun!

And what trend exactly you notice?
I notice only that by number of "interests", Bioware believes whoever plays an elven female is a potential slut! :D

I can't have Leliana?? Now that's disheartening. >.> I hope a mod can fix that for me.

Back
Top Bottom