Eschalon: Book III - Patch 1.021 Released

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
I'm still far from finishing the trilogy but this is a good news nonetheless when devs keep taking care of their baby months or even years after releasing it. Good job and fair politics on their side ! That comforts me on my decision on buying the whole series.

I need to try this.

This was a fast game, and way too easy, imo. Much quicker than the previous games, not saying it was bad or anything, and I recall it being rather cheap at the time. Still worth playing.

Unfortunately I ran into a show-stopping bug in Book III about 15 hours in and had been loathe to really persist or start again. So I've been waiting for this Steam update for a while now; glad it's finally been done.

I should be able to get back to finishing up the trilogy..right after Legend of Grimrock 2, my interrupted game of Divinity OS….should be Christmas by then! :)

The Eschalons are fun and attractive games; though somewhat repetitive and relatively simplistic. I was mostly playing them on weekends as a nicely restful, casual distraction between work hours.

Last edited:
They Eschalons are fun and attractive games; though somewhat repetitive and relatively simplistic.

Yeah, I purchased the trilogy from GOG not long ago and gave the first game a try. It was more simple than I was expecting - especially the combat, and it didn't hold my attention for very long. I might go back and give it another chance if I can find the time.

I think the biggest issue for me though is the camera view. It's zoomed out a lot further than I'd like, and I felt like I was constantly straining my eyes trying to make out small details.

Yeah, I purchased the trilogy from GOG not long ago and gave the first game a try. It was more simple than I was expecting - especially the combat, and it didn't hold my attention for very long. I might go back and give it another chance if I can find the time.

I think the biggest issue for me though is the camera view. It's zoomed out a lot further than I'd like, and I felt like I was constantly straining my eyes trying to make out small details.

That's why you play them on a netbook.

I'd read some player reviews saying this was disappointing compared to the previous 2. Was curious any comments about that from you guys?
I thought book 3 was weaker than the first 2 books and it was definitely shorter (I completed it in about 20 hours, as against over 30 hours apiece for books 1 and 2). However, I still really enjoyed playing it and I would definitely recommend the series, if you enjoy exploration and turn-based combat.

Back
Top Bottom