RPGWatch - Fallen: A2P Protocol Interview

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
In one of his last articles Couchpotato interviewed Martin Cao of Red Katana, about Fallen: A2P Protocol.

RPGWatch: I was curious what inspired you guys to make Fallen: A2P Protocol? I know you mention X-Com as one example.

Martin: Yes, we at Red Katana and specially myself love turn based strategy and tactical combat RPGs. We noticed there were not as many titles as we would like to play. I mean, if you take X-COM as an example, I don´t even remember which was the last game published before the last Enemy Unkown of 2012. Also to give you other examples Shadowrun Returns, Wasteland 2, Jagged Alliance, all these titles are great comebacks of classics that were released several years ago. And there are a few more of course, but not as many as I would like at least. What I noticed as a fan of this genre is that if you finished playing one of these games, then you will likely have to wait a long time to play something similar from the same genre. So we wanted to do our own vision and story with Fallen: A2P Protocol.
More information.

The alpha version needs some work, but if you like the (new) X-Com games you'll like this one, too. Support these guys by buying the early access version and spread the word.

Kick-started this, but I prefer to wait for release before playing.
Hope it's good.

I didnt know much about this game and was never interested. After reading this interview Im interested. This speaks for itself, right? ;) Thanks to both Couch and Martin.

The alpha version needs some work, but if you like the (new) X-Com games you'll like this one, too.

Could you tell us something about the story, HiddenX? Gameplay ideas sounds good, but Im little concerned about the whole story and world. I would like to see good story (at least a little bit of depth) + good tactical missions. Not just banal story + good missions.

This is a tactical combat game, so don't expect a deep story. Both story and localization needs a bit of work IMHO.

But in their teaser there were something about "rich story and dialogues" mentioned. :) I saw some dialogues before missions. So they may still work on it.

Kick-started this, but I prefer to wait for release before playing.
Hope it's good.

I also backed this game and also prefer to wait and play the final release. Playing early alphas would hinder my playing experience later on. Anyway there is so many good games around and more to come !

About P2P: It really looks promising, I'm happy that I backed.

Back
Top Bottom