Shadowrun: Hong Kong - Release Day

Can't wait to play this game today. So thanks for the reminder HiddenX.:thumbsup:

Now just for the hell of it do play these mods for DragonFall.;)

Mercurial

Link - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=499423132
Seattle, 2050.

The shadows are deep and dark. The SINners live the high life, and the SINless live in the filth of the Barrens. Sometimes, one gets a view of the other, but not often, and not often with good results.

Mercurial is a campaign for new runners, where you'll have the chance to recruit your own team and work a job. Be careful of who you trust. Nothing is what it seems.
Antumbra Saga

Link - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=328994310&searchtext=
Venture into a sprawling campaign set on the Pacific Coast. In Antumbra Saga you will rise from a lowly shadowrunner to a pivotal player in the struggle between CalFree and Tir Tairngire. Along the way you’ll nurture alliances, build up a party, and make decisions that will affect your fate and that of the factions you encounter.
Desert Wars

Link - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=326160953&searchtext=
The war along the border of the California Free State and TirTairngire nations is one you have trained to fight in for some time now. However, the threat between these two nations grows astronomically when an unseen power rises to start manipulating events to achieve its own dark desires. You have sworn an oath to defend your home land and that oath is more important than any rules or regulations. Can the combined military forces of Barstow repel the coming storm or will it be swallowed up inside it?

Well, I'm in the U.S., if that makes a difference. Steam says the pre-purchase offer expires in a little under 10 hours, so I'm guessing that's the release time.

Really looking forward to this one. If they can open it up, make it a bit less linear, they could have a really great game.

Seem like they failed to deliver on 20th august for majority of the world.

I'd love to hear about how it improves upon Dragonfall - and I'd also love to know how long the campaign is, this time around.

Really looking forward to this one. If they can open it up, make it a bit less linear, they could have a really great game.

That would be nice. Also, I'd personally like to see some greater depth in character development. Their list of improvements on Steam, however, looks a bit sparse:

"New in Shadowrun: Hong Kong , thanks to our generous Kickstarter Backers:
◾Revamped Matrix art and gameplay!

◾Illustrated transition animatics that play at key moments in the story.

◾Enhanced sound, and dynamic combat music that ebbs and flows.

◾Rebuilt Inventory UI and easier management of items in-mission.

◾All-new Cyberware skill-tree and new Cyberweapons that can be installed to your character’s arms.

◾The ability to enter turn-based combat mode as soon as an enemy is in view.

◾Powerful new Foci objects for spellcasters."

Considering how soon after Dragonfall it's coming out, my hopes aren't high for improvements. But Dragonfall was already an improvement over SSR - so I'm thinking we'll eventually get a proper meaty Shadowrun RPG.

Sattelite Reign and Shadowrun: HK...It looks that we have a good end of the month.

Another game that snuck up on me. My backlog is just sad at this point…

If it's like the previous two game though, it can be finished in a long weekend.

Considering how soon after Dragonfall it's coming out, my hopes aren't high for improvements. But Dragonfall was already an improvement over SSR - so I'm thinking we'll eventually get a proper meaty Shadowrun RPG.
Hope for awesome sales if you want to see HBS make a truly huge Shadowrun RPG. For now they are making what their earnings allow them.

Hope for awesome sales if you want to see HBS make a truly huge Shadowrun RPG. For now they are making what their earnings allow them.

I like their games well enough, so I do hope they will sell well. I expect them to make a lot of profit from this game.

Still, I do suspect the average Shadowrun fan will start to tire of this formula after this one. It's the third game in a row with relatively few improvements.

Even the fans can't be THAT crazy about playing the same game over and over and over without breathing room.

I like their games well enough, so I do hope they will sell well. I expect them to make a lot of profit from this game.

Still, I do suspect the average Shadowrun fan will start to tire of this formula after this one. It's the third game in a row with relatively few improvements.

Even the fans can't be THAT crazy about playing the same game over and over and over without breathing room.

I hope HBS get good sales. I think they will move to a new engine for there Battletech game and will use that to springboard an improved Shadowrun offering.

I hope HBS get good sales. I think they will move to a new engine for there Battletech game and will use that to springboard an improved Shadowrun offering.

I hope so.

I was hoping they'd go the Mechforce route with Battletech, but that doesn't seem to be the case :(

I hope so.

I was hoping they'd go the Mechforce route with Battletech, but that doesn't seem to be the case :(

I'm new to Battletech so I have no expectations going in. However what I have heard sounds interesting. Nomadic clans wielding much more advanced technology (mechs) they can't duplicate due to a long and prolonged war. Being forced to scavenge for parts to survive. Lords who wield massive influence but can be easily toppled by a change in fortunes. I'm hazy on the details but the setting seems perfect for crpgs.

So what is the diff between Mechforce and otherwise?

I'm new to Battletech so I have no expectations going in. However what I have heard sounds interesting. Nomadic clans wielding much more advanced technology (mechs) they can't duplicate due to a long and prolonged war. Being forced to scavenge for parts to survive. Lords who wield massive influence but can be easily toppled by a change in fortunes. I'm hazy on the details but the setting seems perfect for crpgs.

I love the setting, but I haven't played a game in it for many, many years.

IIRC, it's a bit similar to Warhammer 40K - only with big Mechs :)

Back
Top Bottom