Dungeon Lords - Updated Version Released

Aubrielle

Noveliste
I must be out of my mind ... after just reinstalling from GMG two days ago ... I just bought this game AGAIN! Installing now, should be interesting!

So this makes:
- Original release
- 'Collector's Edition'
- Digital version (on Direct2Drive I think?)
- Dungeon Lords MMXII on GMG
- Dungeon Lords 'Steam Edition'.

Like the old adage ... Fool me once, shame on you ... Fool me 5 times, what the HECK is my problem?!?! :D

I must be out of my mind … after just reinstalling from GMG two days ago … I just bought this game AGAIN! Installing now, should be interesting!

So this makes:
- Original release
- 'Collector's Edition'
- Digital version (on Direct2Drive I think?)
- Dungeon Lords MMXII on GMG
- Dungeon Lords 'Steam Edition'.

Like the old adage … Fool me once, shame on you … Fool me 5 times, what the HECK is my problem?!?! :D

Hahahah...this one should piss off anyone...ever see a game less deserving of 5 releases?

I must be out of my mind … after just reinstalling from GMG two days ago … I just bought this game AGAIN! Installing now, should be interesting!

Oh nooo! :( If you bought it directly through Steam, you could always refund it?

Oh nooo! :( If you bought it directly through Steam, you could always refund it?

I know I won't. :). And I already see some fixes and changes. Fixes like visual contrast for items you've clicked in a dialog changing, % bars working for load screens, and for a change, our-of-combat health regeneration is ... Um, aggressive (or insane).

When I saw the topic, I knew Txa would get this new updated version :biggrin:

When I saw the topic, I knew Txa would get this new updated version :biggrin:

Yeah, I'm a sucker that way :)

So…do you recommend the game? ;)

Not really ... Unless you already know what you're getting into. I called it a 6/10 game back in 2005 and people thought I was generous. And really all that has happened since is 'lipstick on a pig'. I doubt this version changes that, but I haven't played enough to say.

One of the great disappointments in the last 10 years for me.

I still remember that feeling of "what the hell, is this REALLY the game? I must have installed something wrong. This 'city' has 2 people in it.... and I just walked thru a wall."

It does a lot of things right such as having lots of races and classes, plus questing for advanced classes, decent enough spells and items, one of the few co-op RPGs, it's pretty big, it's got some good oldschool dungeon design and I did manage to play it for probably 100 hours over the years and versions.

If they could update the graphics properly and get the combat, movement, controls on par with Dark Souls it could be good. I certainly want more games like it, only better ones.

txa said:
Fool me once, shame on you … Fool me 5 times, what the HECK is my problem?!?!

Yeah, I'm not getting the steam version. :)

edit: What people these days really need in it is quest markers. Does it have anything to help with navigation? The in game maps were really bad, or... I had to download maps or make them, I forget.

If only they spend half of these efforts to W&W instead of DL.

This is an insult. I bought this game two times. Why shall i pay again for it now, is beyond me.

If only they spend half of these efforts to W&W instead of DL.

The most correct statement of all---if there was ever a project DW was tied to that so greatly needed the likes of a Circle of 8 or the ceaseless VTM:B communal stick poking...it would have to be W&W.

I really have to wonder what the actual thinking is in the head of Bradley of late, years now removed from even this grand break down that was the latter day Wizardry debacle. Would he be able to find some mojo again by just going for 2D or...

I put in over 50 hours on the initial release way back when. But it wasn't a sustainable play through when something better came out. I don't remember what that something better was.

While I didn't hate the game - (I was called a bot for saying the game was okay) - it had two big problems for me.

1) The automap - which was soon fixed in a patch

2) The lack of people in the cities and the lack of set dressing in the various homes and business.
Did they ever fix this???

I wonder if DW was even involved with this latest release. If so he really needs to let it go and move on to something else.

We know he can make good games maybe he just needs to go back to the turnbased, grid format.

I wonder if DW was even involved with this latest release. If so he really needs to let it go and move on to something else.

We know he can make good games maybe he just needs to go back to the turnbased, grid format.

Correction : He *could/used to* make good games.

Not really sure of anything after DL.

Meh I will never buy another copy, nor play this game ever again in my lifetime. As was said already at this point its just polishing a bad game at this point in time.:disappointed:

Back
Top Bottom