Dungeon Lords - Updated Version Released

Interestingly ... so far it is actually pretty decent, but still just ... um "not right." The weird respawning enemies just feel poorly done, the incredible health recharge rate is really weird. But the performance is good, game looks decent. As has been said before, this feels like how the game *should* have been released ... but would still have only been (at best, I am early on) a 7/10 or so game.

This actually looks really cool. This might be the first multiplayer RPG my dad and I play when I get him a Steam Machine.

Years ago, I looked forward to the original release. I got it and --- there ain't enough Turd Polish in the universe to put a shine on this game

The original Dungeon Lords demo (before the CE "patch") was easily the most unfinished amateur hack job of a "game" that I have ever had the misfortune of having installed. I am still puzzled why my hard drive did not simply decide to implode from all the garbage then and there. It was that bad.

I put in over 50 hours on the initial release way back when. But it wasn't a sustainable play through when something better came out. I don't remember what that something better was.

While I didn't hate the game - (I was called a bot for saying the game was okay) - it had two big problems for me.

1) The automap - which was soon fixed in a patch

2) The lack of people in the cities and the lack of set dressing in the various homes and business.
Did they ever fix this???

50 hours? That is some epic patience there my friend.

Do you know of any old-school style dungeon crawlers on PC that are good multiplayer games? o_O

My dad and I have played a ton of console RPGs together. Looking for some old-school game like this one to play together. Surely it can't be that bad...

50 hours? That is some epic patience there my friend.

I play the hell out of CRPGs. I currently have over 325 hours in Fallout 4. And I am still on my first play through.

As far as Dungeon Lords, there was some backwoods exploring that I got into in that game, and some of it had pay offs. I remember in one part of the forest there was an abandoned elf settlement (?), that I kept messing around with. And there was this weird respawning mob on the road to the lake that was quite challenging. Also in spite of being mostly vacant, the city was kind of interesting.

Still the automap was absent, the graphics had some weird glitches (rolling ocean), and the actual game adventure was lacking. I would have never imagined in 2005, that 10 years later they would still be tweaking THIS GAME.

How and why it demanded such an attention, is a mystery for the ages.

This actually looks really cool. This might be the first multiplayer RPG my dad and I play…

pls no

Do you know of any old-school style dungeon crawlers on PC that are good multiplayer games? o_O

My dad and I have played a ton of console RPGs together. Looking for some old-school game like this one to play together. Surely it can't be that bad…

Dungeon Lords is not old school
Dungeon Lords is not a crawler
Dungeon crawlers are not multiplayer games

so many things wrong with that post

you said you write reviews? xD

old-school style dungeon crawlers on PC that are good multiplayer games?

I needed to look at that wording again…….. pretty sure there is no game in existence which matches your definition…. for the love of god man, just pick fucking Nwn1 or something… If you want good multi its light years ahead of this abomination….

Why? Because I'm saving other people's (clueless would-be experts) time by educating them? Are you his lawyer?

I played it with my son back in the day; it was so long time ago that i think now it wasn't so bad

I was one of the few people that really enjoyed this game and never actually bought any of the upgrades. I think it is flawed but actually a decent game.

Why? Because I'm saving other people's (clueless would-be experts) time by educating them? Are you his lawyer?

You sound like the guy who was calling me a bot for not hating the game.

Yes Fluent writes reviews for this site and they are much appreciated. Actually he was almost exclusively a console fanboy when he first came here but after playing some of our RPG suggestions he saw the light. I love reading his reviews when he is playing some of our old favorites for the first time.

I see nothing wrong playing any game with anyone. And while I do wonder how they got a multiplayer out of Dungeon Lords, and while I have no interest in any more Dungeon Lords let alone multiplayer, . . . but if that's you, I'm not a hater and I aint judging . . . so go for it . . . :)

and happy New Year

Is that so?
A classic dungeon crawler from 1989 would appear to disagree with that assertion.

http://www.mobygames.com/game/bloodwych

I would also recommend Bloodwych to Fluent over Dungeon Lords any day. :)
On the Amiga and C64 it was fantastic.

I'm still mad I jumped on the TI99 over the Amiga and C64. There were so many great games I missed. OTOH, the crappy games that came out with the TI99 were so woeful, I hopped over to the Apple 2 quickly. So there's that.

Back
Top Bottom