Obsidian Entertainment - Tyranny Revealed

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@dsogaming Obsidian and Paradox have revealed a new rpg called Tyranny.

Paradox Interactive and Obsidian Entertainment have announced a new RPG game, called Tyranny. In Tyranny, you will be the judge and executioner of Kyros' law, acting under the watchful eye of the Overlords Archon of Justice, Tunon the Adjudicator (pictured right) Your words shape the lives of thousands.

Paradox Interactive has released a teaser trailer and the game's first screenshots that can be viewed below.

Tyranny is coming to the PC in 2016.

More information.

From the Steam page thanks azarhal!

In Tyranny, the grand war between good and evil is over – and the forces of evil, led by Kyros the Overlord, have won. The Overlord’s merciless armies dominate the face of the world, and its denizens must find their new roles within the war-torn realm. Players interact with the population of the populace to inspire loyalty, disgust, or fear as they roam the world as an officer in Kyros’ forces, empowered to act as both judge and executioner.

Features:

1. A branching narrative with a unique story in an original setting: The Battle between good and evil has already taken place, and evil stands victorious.
  2. Choices matter - a different player experience every time you play it - As an Officer in the Overlord’s army you wield a vast amount of power in the occupied lands of the Tiers. Will you use that power to inspire stability and loyalty, or will you be a feared oppressor?
  3. Challenging, classic RPG combat with modern mechanics and presentation
  4. A rich original setting - a completely new and original fantasy world with rich lore and many paths to follow

It sounds like Numenera but slightly less excentric.

If so I'm not that enthusiastic. Numenera is lame to me.

I hope it at least has turn-based combat.

It sounds like Numenera but slightly less excentric.

If so I'm not that enthusiastic. Numenera is lame to me.

I hope it at least has turn-based combat.

The game is tagged as an action rpg on the Steam page. Makes sense if its coming to xbox one. It could still be turn-based through.

The game is tagged as an action rpg on the Steam page. Makes sense if its coming to xbox one. It could still be turn-based through.

Not sure if those tags are right. They refer to it as "classic turn based combat". The only game with any similar perspective that I'm aware of that is an action rpg and can be considered a classic (by some) would be the Diablo series.

Either the statement about classic rpg combat is wrong, or I think that tag is.

I hate these teasers. They basically don't show anything about the actual game and everybody is supposed to be super hyped and pre order the games asap. They could wait more and release when they had something more substantial, like Bethesda did for Fallout 4 (I won't advocate for the quality of the game, though, but it was good, well measured marketing).

Starting out as an agent of evil is interesting. I'm sure you'll have the choice to end up being a do-gooder but who doesn't want to be a little evil? :cm:

page works very smoothly for me, almost horrible trailer :p, but awesome news nontheless

@sea I must admit I was hoping for an rpg where you worked in human resources and fired people/got rid of them in evil ways which led to interesting choice and consequence as you progressed up the company ladder.

i hope its short and sweet.. instead of mediocre and unfinished

Seems rather nice, if not very detailed yet. I must admit, that if it hadn't been an Obsidian production, I probably wouldn't have given it much notice.

This choice: "Will you use that power to inspire stability and loyalty, or will you be a feared oppressor?", leaves me a little hesitant though, as my problem is that I usually have a hard time following a "Path of Evil", if the game gives me free choice. Partially because behaving "good" comes more naturally, but also because it often seems like the more logical & sensible course of action.

Where do I enter my credit card details?

A nice surprise! And an interesting concept - might be fun to play a badass for a change - and nice screenshots. I'm a sucker for isometric rpgs. And 'choices matter'.... if that's true then they win a proper Fonzey thumbs up.
Its a terrible teaser trailer though. I appreciate the keyword is 'teaser', but even so.

Back
Top Bottom