Mass Effect: Andromeda - New Details

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Best Buy lists some features of Mass Effect: Andromeda and shows the box art:

Synopsis

Mass Effect: Andromeda takes players to the Andromeda galaxy, far beyond the Milky Way. There, players will lead our fight for a new home in hostile territory as the Pathfinder - a leader of military-trained explorers. This is the story of humanity’s next chapter, and player's choices throughout the game will ultimately determine our survival.

Product Features

• Chart your own course in a dangerous new galaxy
  • Unravel the mysteries of the Andromeda galaxy as you discover rich, alien worlds in the search for humanity’s new home
  • Lead the first humans in Andromeda on a desperate search for our new home
  • In this new chapter of Mass Effect, meet and recruit all-new, interesting characters caught up in an epic space saga filled with mystery and galactic conflict
  • Fight with your Pathfinder team in battle against terrifying enemies and creatures
  • New additions like destructible environments, boosted jumps for added verticality, and all-new weapons and Biotics make combat more thrilling than ever
  • Build a formidable hero with amazing weapons, powers and technology
  • With a much more flexible skill and weapon progression tree, you can replicate your play style to make you unstoppable against new, powerful alien enemies
  • For 1 player or up to 4 in multiplayer mode
More information.

For 1 player or up to 4 in multiplayer mode
I'm reading this as:
For 4 players as the recently cancelled garbage project they tried but with added some rubbish sidekicks AI to cover for those who don't want to MMO.

Oddly, the new Andromeda alien recruits all speak English and want to have massive amounts of sex with young, virile humans.

You saying they finally added orgies?! Yessssss!
Ah hell, it is MMO, but with that "feature" I'm buying. :D

I'm reading this as:
For 4 players as the recently cancelled garbage project they tried but with added some rubbish sidekicks AI to cover for those who don't want to MMO.

joxer I'm wondering what you are taking lately, because you really sound like you are on drugs these last few days hallucinating about features that aren't even in the game you are commenting on.

Whatever man, lemme give a nudge to creators of "wicked woohoo" mod to start preparing for ME4.

I really liked ME 1, even though the side-missions/planets were boring as hell and loot was even more boring. ME 2 was nice, too. I would have liked to experience the story of the third too, but didn't want to make a Bioware account, so I skipped.

Because I like the universe (I even read the first two novels, huehue) I want the new game to be good, but the more I read the more it sounds like some dumbed-down console port.

If I can't play it from Steam without 3rd party software and accounts I will skip anyway...

Oddly, the new Andromeda alien recruits all speak English and want to have massive amounts of sex with young, virile humans.
Maybe humans to them are like furries to us? :D
Or like schoolgirls to Japanese..

I have a small hope that Ryder and his/her crew aren't the first humans in Andromeda and there already is a small human settlement somewhere.

I'm reading this as:

Would be so unlikely.

Bioware ME storytelling is based around a main PC that is completed by secondary characters. Secondary characters do not exist on their own. They only exist to help the player to build the PC.
Players wh want a cool duder take this or that companion, players who want to a bad ass take this or that companion.

Now what kind of player would accept to play a secondary character of that type?

Gears of war, that fields playable characters ; has a different approach. Each character stands on his own.

joxer I'm wondering what you are taking lately, because you really sound like you are on drugs these last few days hallucinating about features that aren't even in the game you are commenting on.

Just the past few days? I've noticed that for years now.

Just the past few days? I've noticed that for years now.

He's been ranting about stuff that were in games for a few years now, but these last few days he's been making stuff up to rant about it. Tyranny can't be finished in one evening unless you live on another planet where evenings have 20+ hours for example.

Didn't Obsidian or Paradox say the game is 20 hours long? Well, that's for an average player. For RPG experienced player it should mean one afternoon.

I'm not making anything up. I do exaggerate as usual, but sometimes it's the only way to unmask the elephant in the room.

I'd never ever have said anything if "officials" said the average game will last about 40ish hours. Or in case of ME4, if they said it's singleplayer epic game with optional multiplayer so let's talk about singleplayer instead of season pass MMO.

Average players don't usually read everything and try to explore everything while experienced RPG players do. So it will take more time for them, not less.

For RPG experienced player it should mean one afternoon.

Experienced? The product leaves no room for experience. It consists mostly in reading and deciding over branching. It is story driven.

Inexperienced players (the kind that never played a similar product ) might take longer.

Tyranny is the kind of product for which experience means little gain in time.

25 hours isn't enough for me for 42 €. I'll wait for a sale.

That is actually 25 by 2, 3 or 4. The product calls for multiple runs. Watching streams make that clear.

Back
Top Bottom