Kingdom Come - Sequel planned

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
PC Gamer reports that a sequel for Kingdom Come: Deliverance is already planned :

Kingdom Come: Deliverance developer already has sequel planned

First game without concrete launch date in 2017.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance is Warhorse Studios' incoming medieval RPG which favours realism over fantasy. From what we've seen so far it looks impressive—a fact which helped it accrue over £1.1 million on Kickstarter in early 2014, having asked for just £300,000. It's due at some point in 2017, however it appears the developer already has plans beyond the incoming game's release.

As part of its Kickstarter campaign video, Warhorse co-founder Daniel Vávra suggested Kingdom Come: Deliverance would be split into three acts—incorporating a staggered release schedule, each adding new features (the first, for example, was said to offer a 9km squared map with 30 hours of gameplay). The scope of the game has since changed, most likely down to its crowdfunding success, and will now come as one complete package.

[...]
Thanks henriquejr!

More information.

Look, I don't have anything against sequels, prequels or even pre-sequels (I even have a pre-sequel in my Steam library). But release the damn game already and then we can talk about a sequel, will ya?

"(…)Maybe next year we’ll talk about Kingdom Come 2." No! Next year we will be talking about Kingdom Come: Deliverance 1, ok?

Please Warhorse, let's do first things first! Focus!

Look, I don't have anything against sequels, prequels or even pre-sequels (I even have a pre-sequel in my Steam library). But release the damn game already and then we can talk about a sequel, will ya?

"(…)Maybe next year we’ll talk about Kingdom Come 2." No! Next year we will be talking about Kingdom Come: Deliverance 1, ok?

Please Warhorse, let's do first things first! Focus!
I agree 100% with you henriquejr. :handshake:

As Warhorse should first release Kingdom Come: Deliverance before they even talk about a possible sequel, and given the various delays I'm not optimistic right now.

@henirquejr
Yes, was thinking the same. The game looks better now than in the beginning (especially the combat), but I'm still not completely sold on it.
First release a good game and then think about a sequel!

I think the point is the game will get a sequel and not stupid dlc.

This however, isn’t up to date anymore. We already reshuffled this idea and will release a regular RPG title: Kingdom Come: Deliverance, with a closed story.
That has always been my hope. Nice to hear it from Warhorse now. :)

I think it's a bit of a non-story. He's just clarifying that the original 3 episode structure will now be combined in one game, and the next installment would be Kingdom Come 2, which they'll talk about later

@Joxer and @Ripper,

I think this is not the moment to even hint about a sequel. We're in 2016, the game will supposedly be released in 2017 (note: they can't even put a concrete release date, they come to talk about a sequel ???), and they're hinting about a sequel which will be released … like … 2019, maybe later? And IMHO I think 2017 also won't be the proper moment to talk about a sequel.

Don't get me wrong here, I have high hopes for this game. So high I even voted for it as one of the most anticipated 2016 games (back then it had a little bit tiny chance of being released this year). I really want the game to shine. The realistic combat is an well-wanted feature, and we all wanna it to be properly implemented. No doubt everyone will examine this game very very closely. I cheer for Warhorse Studios. But they need to be sure the game will be a success, that it'll be polished, optimized and a treat to play.

And before it starts, I know EA and Ubisoft games often aren't polished, optimized and all that, but they can afford having some financial losses due to bad game or bad gameplay. I think Warhorse Studios can't.

Again: I really want this game to be a huge success. But please, let's tread carefully.

Use the same engine and let me fight some orcs and kobalds in the 2nd one :) I like the first game being set in the middle ages but only killing people may get a touch boring after the first 50 hours.

Perhaps you'll get some rats as well. ;)

@henriquejr

You're right that they probably shouldn't be hinting at a sequel as that could be misconstrued by outsiders. Internally however, as the development nears its end and people find themselves with nothing to do, they have to start thinking about what to do next.

Use the same engine and let me fight some orcs and kobalds in the 2nd one :) I like the first game being set in the middle ages but only killing people may get a touch boring after the first 50 hours.
Don't play Tyranny :D

It's the middle age in Bohemia. If there isn't something about making the brown bears extinct I'm going to cry over historical inaccuracy (ok, maybe the game is a few centuries early but still).

All 3 episodes in 2017???

We're in 2016, the game will supposedly be released in 2017

Afaik the plan was to release only first episode in 2017, right? Now they want to release all 3 episodes in one package. I have some doubts that they are able to finish all of them in 2017.

All 3 episodes in 2017???

Afaik the plan was to release only first episode in 2017, right? Now they want to release all 3 episodes in one package. I have some doubts that they are able to finish all of them in 2017.

They merged all 3 acts into a single game a long time ago. That is what contributed to the delays along with probably some feature creeps.

Two days ago there was a German Gamestar stream where it was said that the game is feature complete, but they have issue with lip-sync and cutscenes are ugly (very visible in the german video).

If they are going to allow you to transfer your character to the next release, then they probably do need to think about the sequel at least somewhat.

So does this mean the original game is 3x longer than intended ? Hum. I guess they have a lot of confident that this will be a success.

I think it's a bit of a non-story. He's just clarifying that the original 3 episode structure will now be combined in one game, and the next installment would be Kingdom Come 2, which they'll talk about later

So does this mean the original game is 3x longer than intended ? Hum. I guess they have a lot of confident that this will be a success.

It's not going to be 3x longer. Act 1 went from a 30 hours game to a 50 hours game according to some interview last year.

It's a bit unclear if all of Act 2/3 were put into the first game as well, we never had much information about them.

Common business sense to plan out a 2nd part.
However bad marketing decision to announce that while struggling to finish the first part.
Overall marketing department is quite incompetent, have you heard their 'PR guy' talking? He is a manchild with the charisma of a stone.
Game design is questionable too. They say it's supposed to be realistic, yet it couldn't be further from in most regards. They talk a lot but deliver almost nothing.

Don't think they will ever even make it to game number 2... and if they do it it won't exactly be a bestseller.

Back
Top Bottom