Kingdom Come - Sequel planned

I think talking about the sequel before the original is even released gives a very bad signal to would-be modders. Why would I spend any considerable amount of time modding a game when the sequel may come months later and potentially making my mod obsolete?

So would it be better for the modders if they just said nothing and released the sequel quickly anyway? ;)

I think it's totally valid to think and talk about a sequel. If you make a game like this you have so much overhead with developing basic techniques. It would be a waste not to use them for further games - if the first one makes decent sales of course.

Last edited:
Trust in Vavra( or is it Varva)! He can see in the future and there are many sequels coming our way. :p

Common business sense to plan out a 2nd part.
However bad marketing decision to announce that while struggling to finish the first part.
Overall marketing department is quite incompetent, have you heard their 'PR guy' talking? He is a manchild with the charisma of a stone.
Game design is questionable too. They say it's supposed to be realistic, yet it couldn't be further from in most regards. They talk a lot but deliver almost nothing.

Don't think they will ever even make it to game number 2… and if they do it it won't exactly be a bestseller.

Well we can't all be charming and charismatic as you Cephy, eh? :p
I'm genuinely curious on what you mean by not game not being "realistic enough", though.

@Joxer and @Ripper,

I think this is not the moment to even hint about a sequel.
While I yell MMO, phones, mushtrooms, bugs, grinding, whatever instead of "wolf", in this case just won't.

To me there is nothing strange or negative when a developer reveals that a sequel is also planned. Instead of taking that as a negative thing I jump like bitten on every mention of DLC and season pass scam.

While I yell MMO, phones, mushtrooms, bugs, grinding, whatever instead of "wolf", in this case just won't.

To me there is nothing strange or negative when a developer reveals that a sequel is also planned. Instead of taking that as a negative thing I jump like bitten on every mention of DLC and season pass scam.

I also don't think it's strange or negative to reveal plans for a sequel. But at this moment, it is just too hasty. Of course, the devs can think about a sequel at any time. In fact, they must think about it. But, please, note I wrote "think", not "say" or "announce" or "pre-announce", especially when the first game don't even has a proper release date.

Back
Top Bottom