Enderal - Forgotten Stories (DLC)

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
A free DLC for a free RPG - the Forgotten Stories DLC will be available for Enderal in 2017:

Enderal: Forgotten Stories (DLC)

Enderal: Forgotten Stories is an expansion-pack/DLC for Enderal. It is being developed mainly by Nicolas Lietzau, one of the project leads and lead writer of the main game, with the support of a small part of the SureAI-team. “Enderal: Forgotten Stories” aims to bring in parts of the story’s content that had to be cut from the initial release, adding 10-20 hours of new quest content, as well as improving several aspects of the main game. Without further ado, here's a small teaser we prepared for you meant to give you an idea of what "Forgotten Stories" will be about:

• Two guild quest-lines: Join the Golden Sickle, Enderal's most influential merchants’ guild and experience an exceptional non-linear story that deals with intrigue and greed. Delve into the secrets behind the Rhalâta, the mysterious cult ruling the Undercity.
  • A story mission revolving around the Sea Of Eventualities and Yuslan Sha'Rim's past
  • A quest shedding light on the Veiled Woman's origins
  • A mission that allows the player to explore in detail the death of a certain character
  • A secret ending for the main-quest
  • New bounty missions
  • Professional localization in both German and English (starring, amongst others, Dave Fennoy from "The Walking Dead" and Lani Minella from "Skyrim")
  • New weapons and sets
  • Several game-play changes and additions, such as hidden talents, rebalanced and overhauled crafting skills, high-level crafting, and enchantment that makes investing in craftsmanship a lot more rewarding.
More information.

I almost get a Fallout vibe from some of those scenes.

Has anybody given Enderal a try yet?

Check my thread in the General RPG section. :)

I've played about 30 hours so far. Pretty damn good. Considering it's free, it's unbelievable. Sort of like a mixture of Gothic, "traditional" CRPG mechanics and TES open-world. If you played and enjoyed Nehrim it's a lot like that, but even more polished, it seems.

Can't thank these guys enough for making these games. I hope SureAI continues to make these games or gets a crack at their own similar type of RPG. :)

I've got 52 hours in the game; it's really a great game. The exploration is what I like the most. The game almost demands that you explore, and exploration is rewarded, unlike Skyrim. I found the game very open-world, once you get past the first quest giver.
The comparison to Gothic is very apt, on many levels. For one, you sometimes fight the controls, but somehow that never seems to detract from the fun. I've encountered a few bugs, but I've also downloaded 3 patches in the time I've been playing; the game is supported well. I started as a stealth character for about 30 hours, but then I rolled a sword and board fighter because I got tired of tip-toeing everywhere. I'm planning a Dark Keeper, sword and board + dark magic, mainly for summoning pets to help with the combat. BTW, after the first 30 hours of play, I was just breaking into the main story; it's a long game.

Yeah, at 30 hours in I'm barely scratching the surface. Have a bunch of quests, including harder ones and some even too hard for my current level (the game lets you know how hard the quests are, and I don't think there's much, if any, level-scaling in the game).

The exploration is really good, in a sort of Gothic-meets-TES way. The world feels hand-crafted, lots of nooks and crannies and you can encounter higher level areas off the beaten path, etc.

It's also a huge world. The initial map screen doesn't impress much but once you start exploring it you realize that the world is really big. Lots of good lore, books to read, places to visit. Nehrim had a bit less polish in my estimation (yet was still a great game as well).

Definitely recommend it if you have any interest at all in a Gothic-meets-TES type RPG which also happens to push the original Skyrim engine to the limit graphically (it's noooice. :p).

I played around 60 hours and I think I'm close to finish, but I have postponed the ending because I've heard of this DLC. My question is: to play it you need to not be finished the game? Because from what I've read if you finish the game you can't continue playing (it does not have an open ending).

As for the "game" itself, because it really is a completely new game grafted on the skyrim engine superior to already great Nehrim I have a lot of fun, have great secondary quests that keeps you immersed in the game, as for exploration... the same as with Nehrim , I think exploration is the best part of the game. These guys should be hired to show Bethesda that you can have diverse and really interesting design in an open world game.

I also discovered a huge part of the map that is just populated with caves, monsters but only one quest leading you there (the snowy part witch leads to the crashed ship)... any of you got there?

It's cool they're adding this. I haven't played the game yet but it makes me glad my queue is a year (or two!) behind current releases so DLCs, GotY editions, patches etc will usually be done by the time I get around to playing a game.

I really hope these guys get a chance to make their own game. I would love to see what they come up with.

No funny complains about cut content being turned into DLC?

That's the first thing I was expecting to see in the thread when I saw OP.

@azarhal, well since the whole game is free and the DLC is free too, only a moron would complain. I've got about 80 hours in the game, but I started over at level 20 to make different choices.

The cut content IS stuff that was supposed to be in the original game. They just wanted to get it out and get some word of mouth going and maybe get a few donations.
Speaking of which, I'm gonna drop them $40 today. The game is worth it.

@azarhal, well since the whole game is free and the DLC is free too, only a moron would complain.

That's why I said "funny".

I'm going to try to put an Enderal playthrough during my Xmas vacations, well at least start one.

...I'm gonna drop them $40 today. The game is worth it.

Yup, I dropped them €20 after seeing how much fun it was and how high the quality was. It still is a TES engine game, so there are some limitations they had to live with. Main point of criticism might still be combat, but that was inherited from Skyrim. They did what they could with loads of cool combat talents, which makes it still more fun than the original imo.

I like Skyrim quite a bit better than Enderal, but hey Bethesda made 90% of everything in Enderal, so there ya go. The parts, engine-wise, that SureAI made are actually a step back in my opinion, but ymmv.

Smithing, alchemy, and enchanting are all overpowered in Skyrim, but so weak as to be useless in Enderal. In fact, the DLC is all about fixing the broken crafting and finishing some of the quests that didn't make it at first.

Finally, HOLY COW!, I just fought a dragon at level 20 and those aren't the dragons I remember in Skyrim at all. These dudes are fast, don't land till they're really hurt and can kill you even if you block 90% of their damage. Woof! I won after about 5 attempts. It took fire resist potions, got my arcane fever up to 40 from 0, and took every bit of magic and then staves to finish him off. If he hits me even once full on, I die.

I'm an elemental mage so I used Ice constantly then hid like a little girl till my mana regenerated enough to fire another ice bolt thingie.

I don't know if this dragon will always choose this, but when he was almost dead he landed next to the bones of another dragon (his mate?)

Attachments

• together in death.jpg
    together in death.jpg
    231.7 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Yup, found the dragon when I was lvl 18 or 19 and it took my assassin 15 to 20 attempts to finally down it. The fire arrow talent helped me out here. But man, was that a feeling of accomplishment!

Yeah, my dude is devastating...till he runs out of mana. Then he's a guy in pajamas against a monster :)

The future of SureAI is unknown. I really hope they continue making RPGs like these, but some of the team are also entering the professional realm, so it's not really sure if they'll continue making these overhauls.

The future of SureAI is unknown. I really hope they continue making RPGs like these, but some of the team are also entering the professional realm, so it's not really sure if they'll continue making these overhauls.

Of what I heard Enderal was supposed to be the last "exercise" before going pro. They will finish their studies soon and I think the plan was to form a real studio then.
Could also be they go their separate ways first to get some experience first and form up later on again.

I like Skyrim quite a bit better than Enderal, but hey Bethesda made 90% of everything in Enderal, so there ya go. The parts, engine-wise, that SureAI made are actually a step back in my opinion, but ymmv.

Smithing, alchemy, and enchanting are all overpowered in Skyrim, but so weak as to be useless in Enderal. In fact, the DLC is all about fixing the broken crafting and finishing some of the quests that didn't make it at first.

Finally, HOLY COW!, I just fought a dragon at level 20 and those aren't the dragons I remember in Skyrim at all. These dudes are fast, don't land till they're really hurt and can kill you even if you block 90% of their damage. Woof! I won after about 5 attempts. It took fire resist potions, got my arcane fever up to 40 from 0, and took every bit of magic and then staves to finish him off. If he hits me even once full on, I die.

I'm an elemental mage so I used Ice constantly then hid like a little girl till my mana regenerated enough to fire another ice bolt thingie.

You say you like Skyrim more, but then go on and describe exactly what encountering a dragon SHOULD be like? 😉

I'm getting this ASAP, sounds awesome!

Back
Top Bottom