Enderal - Forgotten Stories (DLC)

Well, unlike Skyrim, SureAI has something like 90 other mods built into the game. These are mods that have been built in the 5 years since Skyrim came out. Also, combat is my least cared about aspect of any rpg. I'm very un-picky about it; it just can't be tedious.

Still, dragon combat in Skyrim is too easy and always has been.

(Fanboy hat on) :D
Skyrim has followers and companions and Enderal doesn't. Skyrim made 1.5 billion dollars and Enderal will get a few donations, etc. There is no doubt which game is better since Skyrim doesn't need Enderal at all and Enderal doesn't exist without Skyrim. Glad a great company decided to allow their game to be modded and thus create over 5 years of wonderful memories. It is unfathomable to me that the game sold 13 million copies on devices that can't install mods though. Skyrim is just so, so much better modded. Enderal is a prime example.

Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE) by Ian Patterson, Stephen Abel and Paul Connelly
SkyUI by Sebastian Jeckel (Schlangster), Mardoxx and Psychosteve
OneTweak by virusek
Crash fixes by Meh321
NifSkope
NifMerge
ChunkMerge
FNIS by Fore

Several animation mods by bergzore
Naked Bodies by Caliente
Clocks by Insanity
Hairstyles by Apachi
Mirrored Statues by McManus82
Spring Flowers by Elinen
Hay Bales by Insanity Sorrow
Rockinghorses by Tamira
Paralaxx mods by Osmodius
Ultimate HD Fire by BuzzDee84
Orphan Clothes by Timmy19992
Fur Bag Treasure Chest
Knightly armory by xxxNeoxxx
No Poison Dialogues by Mardoxx
Hammerfell Armoury by farinelli
HD Furniture and Barrels by Quazaque
Several creatures by Vicn
Attire Pack by Grace Darkling
Female Witcher 2 GUA armor by zzjay
Several armors by TH3WICK3D1
Tavern game basics by sagittariius22
Blades and leather armor by atomec
Caves Deluxe High Res by Hectrol
Hybrids HD Plants and Herbs by Mystikhybrid
HD Misc by calfy
Dwemer goggles by volvag0
New creatues by IronMan5000
Water texture replacer by isoku
New weapon and magic sounds (Skyrim Audio overhaul) by lazyskeever
Dog retexture by LoganFarlane
Invisible Eyes glitch fix by bellwood2206
Modders Ressource Pack by Oaristys & Tony 67
Wanderers Cuirass by Frankdema
Several armors by maty743
Book Piles by Chesko
Shields of Jorrvaskr by hothtrooper44
Pride of Skyrim (Lions and tropical animals) - FrankTheFish, Bellyache, Targaryen, Tumbajamba, TreasureChest, DVAted, Muppetpuppet
Toys by Jacknifelee
Several trees by Ga-Knomboe Boy
Diverse armors by Hothtrooper44
Fire arrows by SilverfeetStudio
Spellsword Cuirass by Billyro
Armor compilation by OmegaRed99
Water Plants by Ztree & Elinen
TESA Clutter Kit by various artists
Diverse Flora objects by Vurt
True Elk of Skyrim (TEOS) by Impulseman45
Tree Textures by TeamXoio
Blood Textures by DDefinder1
Apocalypse Spells by EnaiSiaion
Pipe Smoking Animation by MadNuttah
Market stand, New Castle, Craftsman tools, cannons by stroti
Palms and plants by Yughues/Tamira
Food Containers by Blary
Forest Throne by Ashenfire
Goat and cow textures by YoureNotSupposedToBeInHere
Contractor Armor by Zerofrost
Grasses and Canyon Textures by Soolie
Diverse flora models by Soolie
Witcher Models by AlphaWolF
Dog texturesby Loganfarlane
Goats and Cows by Yourenotsupposedtobeinhere
Monster Sounds by Nornalbian
Cartography Brushes by Schwarzkreuz
Blood Textures
Bloodthorn Replacer by Kettle Witch
Ducks and Swans by Tamira/Kaizit/Stesha
SG Hair Pack by Hello Santa
Credo Medieval Armors (Witcher5688, Luddeman, TheMedievalKnights)
Individualized Shout Cooldowns by ShadauxCat (Base script)
Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch by the Unofficial Patch Project Team (some script fixes)

Last edited:
Point taken Nut, and I don't disagree Skyrim is a fantastic base game to mod. But if we're talking vanilla Skyrim in comparison to Enderal, pure gameplay perspective and disregard the fact that Enderal wouldn't exist without Skyrim, to me Enderal sounds like the more fun experience to me.

Well, unlike Skyrim, SureAI has something like 90 other mods built into the game. These are mods that have been built in the 5 years since Skyrim came out. Also, combat is my least cared about aspect of any rpg. I'm very un-picky about it; it just can't be tedious.

Still, dragon combat in Skyrim is too easy and always has been.

(Fanboy hat on) :D
Skyrim has followers and companions and Enderal doesn't. Skyrim made 1.5 billion dollars and Enderal will get a few donations, etc. There is no doubt which game is better since Skyrim doesn't need Enderal at all and Enderal doesn't exist without Skyrim. Glad a great company decided to allow their game to be modded and thus create over 5 years of wonderful memories. It is unfathomable to me that the game sold 13 million copies on devices that can't install mods though. Skyrim is just so, so much better modded. Enderal is a prime example.

Obviously Enderal would not exist without Skyrim - but do you know that being comparable to Skyrim in the first place is already a huge honor; exactly how many Skyrim mods have that achievement? ;-)

The funny thing is: the aim never was to be better than Skyrim - just Johannes, Nico and the rest of the former team trying to tell an interesting story. Enderal was and is a personal project, done as an achievement and to tell all the naysayers out there that one can do great things if one really tries.

Hence they are kinda my personal heroes and also the reason why I joint them to help in any way I can :)

crpgnut said:
Smithing, alchemy, and enchanting are all overpowered in Skyrim, but so weak as to be useless in Enderal. In fact, the DLC is all about fixing the broken crafting and finishing some of the quests that didn't make it at first.

You should take a second look, I've just fixed enchanting in the latest patch ;-) Well there are 2 more bugs in there currently but those will be fixed in the next one ^^

Ah and btw: most of the external mods Enderal uses are texture mods - in terms of gameplay there are next to none ;-)

Point taken Nut, and I don't disagree Skyrim is a fantastic base game to mod. But if we're talking vanilla Skyrim in comparison to Enderal, pure gameplay perspective and disregard the fact that Enderal wouldn't exist without Skyrim, to me Enderal sounds like the more fun experience to me.

To me, despite Enderal using Skyrim assets, etc., they are 2 completely different games. One is a sandbox open-world RPG with level-scaling and the other is a blend of open-world with no level-scaling. Enderal isn't really a sandbox like Skyrim.

Both are great. I hope SureAI gets to make RPGs of their own in this style going forward.

It depends on what you enjoy. I can definitely see it being more fun for some folks. Enderal is smaller in scope, so it doesn't feel as repetitive as Skyrim. Instead of several holds, Enderal chose to create just one city with several districts. This does give the impression of a large city much better than anything in Skyrim. Basically, if you took every hold and dumped them all together, you'd have Ark. There are probably over 100 named people in the areas, not counting laborer, drunk, sailor, etc.

It's worth playing, for sure.

It depends on what you enjoy. I can definitely see it being more fun for some folks. Enderal is smaller in scope, so it doesn't feel as repetitive as Skyrim. Instead of several holds, Enderal chose to create just one city with several districts. This does give the impression of a large city much better than anything in Skyrim. Basically, if you took every hold and dumped them all together, you'd have Ark. There are probably over 100 named people in the areas, not counting laborer, drunk, sailor, etc.

It's worth playing, for sure.

And the world is more of a "restricted" open world. I don't know if that's the best word, but basically, if you picture Skyrim as again being a giant sandbox, essentially a square sandbox, and you can go anywhere within that box at any time, Enderal and Nehrim are more like a sandbox with borders and lines drawn in it. So, you can go around to different areas, but there are more paths that connect certain areas, strong enemies at different points and a lot of "hand-crafted" feel to the world.

It's hard to explain but it has that feel of a Gothic-style world, like Gothic 2, yet likely way bigger and with more side dungeons (and just as many nooks and crannies to find). It's worth playing and checking out, especially for future RPG devs to see how they can craft a large, open world without using scaling or going the giant sandbox route.

Back
Top Bottom