VtM: Bloodlines 2 - Official Gameplay Trailer

Not bad but I doubt they will ever be able to please fans of the first two games.

The voice actress for phyre did a good job and is a good fit. That has eliminated one of my main concerns. I would probably play as the female version if the male VA isn't as good.

Overall it looks okay to me. Concerned about the "voice" inside your head though. It is such an overused mechanism that is purely to allow the writers to dump endless conversations when they are not needed i.e. when you are walking around exploring and sometimes comic relief. It's also common in walking simulators except for those it is normally a narrator. The dialogue with the other vampire seemed good enough. Dialogue options seemed fairly limited but hopefully that is just that particular conversation.

He's correct as they had a thirty minute presentation today that showcased the trailer I sent in for news. This is very common ecspecially with gaming conventions.

Really? So it's still just 2-3 mins of gameplay with 30 mins of dev talk? Haven't watched it yet, but I just assumed it also had more gameplay than the 3 min gameplay trailer.
Yep.

I saw enough to feel some optimism for the game for the first time since 2020, though. The combat/action segments looked good to me. I especially like the physics of the gliding jump you do. The people look good and I liked the female voice actor's voice. I love the way the trailer ends. Creepy, with great use of lighting and convincing animation.

So yeah, count me back in. I do wonder some things, though. Like how different will the clans be to play (my guess is not as different as I'd like), and how long will the game be (I'm expecting more of a 20-25 hour game, when I'd like twice that)

The voice actress for phyre did a good job and is a good fit. That has eliminated one of my main concerns. I would probably play as the female version if the male VA isn't as good.
Yes, I like her too, especially when she tries to be intimidating. I also dont have problem with her look... At least female version. If male is pretty similar (as it was suggested), I may not like it.

Concerned about the "voice" inside your head though. It is such an overused mechanism that is purely to allow the writers to dump endless conversations when they are not needed i.e. when you are walking around exploring and sometimes comic relief.
This way they can put there some lore and remarks about game world which is common and good design imho.
Im not sure about Fabien's voice. He is ok and I like that sound effect, but maybe they could choose more distinct voice actor.

I assume he will eventually betray you... :)

The dialogue with the other vampire seemed good enough. Dialogue options seemed fairly limited but hopefully that is just that particular conversation.
Yes.

Im not big fan of vampires but I like it. Im surprised that they dare to show some spoilers but it was good showcase. I also dont seek power fantasy but I like it in this case as it fits the character. So I hope there will be more like "attacks from above" or leap attacks from this "vampire machine". I just hope that the enemies will go up a lot and you will face equally powerfull vampires who will "outjump you" :) (despite how silly this phrase may sound :) )

What I like the most is the story idea about Elder who is awaken after many years to a world that he/she doesnt know anymore and some strange things happened to him/her. It pumps up motivation to play this character.
It reminds me a little of a great start to Torment: Tides of Numenera where you were basically powerfull being but weakened and without memory and with a big problem to solve. (It was even better story idea)

This way they can put there some lore and remarks about game world which is common and good design imho.
Im not sure about Fabien's voice. He is ok and I like that sound effect, but maybe they could choose more distinct voice actor.

I assume he will eventually betray you... :)
Can't say I agree with you. It is often unatural and forced. A better and more natural way to handle lore is through dialogue with characters, overhearing conversation between other characters, reading books etc. The narrator can be useful if you can't do it in a natural way.

BG3 did do it quite well though, it had both a Narrator and the Dream Guardian, so I guess I will keep an open mind. I am worried it will turn out like Forspoken though rather than BG3.

Can't say I agree with you. It is often unatural and forced. A better and more natural way to handle lore is through dialogue with characters, overhearing conversation between other characters, reading books etc.
Im pretty sure all these things will be there too.

Fabien is obviously important to the story. So they used him also as guide. He guides Eldar in a new world.

I am worried it will turn out like Forspoken though rather than BG3.
I dont think it will have anything in common with Forspoken except using this feature of inner talking voice.

Not bad but I doubt they will ever be able to please fans of the first two games.
I totally get the concerns for Bloodlines fans (like me) - the original is STILL an absolute blast to replay 20 years later And in many ways has not been equaled.

But Redemption? I played that again a couple of years ago and enjoyed it ... but it wasn't really a great game. Very limited and linear, enjoyable enough.

But Redemption? I played that again a couple of years ago and enjoyed it ... but it wasn't really a great game. Very limited and linear, enjoyable enough.
Very true. What I liked about Redemption the most was how it handled the ages and transition of time. I found it very satisfying seeing how Christof's story played out through the centuries and his progression from human to Fledgling to Neonate to Ancilla to Eldar. The rest of the game - not so much.

I watched maybe ten minutes gameplay in one video yesterday. It seems a lot better than I thought it would. Looking forward to release!

This looks... not offensively bad, but I had to laugh multiple times where it clearly wasn't intended.
The fast hands attack looked incredibly wonky, and really ridiculous.
Sneaking Skyrim style with someone 2 meters away not noticing anything.
And that "Willem" scream was just awkwardly comedic.

None of the big concerns got addressed by this, either.
Still a premade character with an incredibly silly name.
Still the "voice in your head" shtick writers put in when they can't think of less annoying ways to lore dump onto you.

In the end, now I just feel like playing Bloodlines again.

Back
Top Bottom