VtM: Bloodlines 2 - Official Gameplay Trailer

So we went from the open city showcase when VtmB2 was first announced with families and clans in a big city, and all the quirky vampire stuff you would expect from VtmB1, ghetto brawls with weapons, night stalking and political conflicts, to ...... trickled updates on individual classes, and a single mission in a warehouse (used efficiently multiple times!). Maybe its the case of less is more here!

Last edited:
It looks better then I expected, but my expectaions were really really low.

Guys I feel like we watched different videos. It looked janky - the animations were bad, the collision detection of the models were bad, jumping animation bad, etc. It all looked very basic and the graphics details also looked extremely minimal. Like a game from 2008. Let's be honest - if you told me this was a mod to V:tm 2, I would believe it.

I thought it looked just ok and it didn't get me really excited for it. But then I'm also someone (probably in a minority camp) who prefers Vampyr; always thought the story and atmosphere in the game was incredibly well done, and I even liked the sort of janky combat.

I'm wondering if I just watched the same footage as everyone else, because I think it looks awful.
Having just finished replaying Dishonored, I was getting a lot of those vibes from it. Not bad - and with graphics jacked up I find Dishonored better looking than Redfall. But as I have said my expectations were below ground they were so low …

Oddly enough, it looks like the same gameplay footage except with the ghouls replaced by mannequins.
I belive this is how this early mission goes:
1. Meeting the ugly vampire dude.
2. He uses some teleporting power on you, you get to run back and fight illusion ghouls.
3. Get hit by the power again and has to run back to fight illusion mannequins instead.
4. And then something happens once again with the ugly vampire, but it was marked as spoilery so I skipped that part.

I belive this is how this early mission goes:
I hope its not that early mission or that Willem doesnt really tell you the truth or the truth is much more complicated. Because he basically reveals your enemy. Which would be IMHO big mistake to do so early, especially with how the story is constructed.

2. He uses some teleporting power on you, you get to run back and fight illusion ghouls.
It wasnt teleportation. You was asleep, in a dream. It was a mindtrap.

I hope its not that early mission or that Willem doesnt really tell you the truth or the truth is much more complicated. Because he basically reveals your enemy. Which would be IMHO big mistake to do so early, especially with how the story is constructed.

It wasnt teleportation. You was asleep, in a dream. It was a mindtrap.
Ok. I skipped the more spoilery part so only heard the characters inner dude saying something about illusions.

Back
Top Bottom