Age of Grit - Review @ Wizard Worm

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Wizard Worm checked out the upcoming Age of Grit:

Age of Grit Review - Wild West, Steampunk, Firefly and CRPG? (Turn-Based Combat)

Adventure across a Wild West world in a rickety, steampunk airship! Inspired by the likes of Firefly and the classic CRPGs of old in Age of Grit. Very unusual cowboy steampunk setting with Turn-Based Combat. The game is very atmospheric and I really liked it.

More information.

Sponsored the kick starter project, have key and will be ready to go once it's fully done and whatnot. I suspect that, in my case, that'll mean waiting at least a few more months.

Looks interesting. Especially the upgradable ship parts! Combat is horribly botched though. I want full broadsides in open space - Master of Orion style, but with bigger ships, where explosions blow away big chunks of ships as the enemy or my craft is gradually destroyed. But no matter how bad my ships get, - if not destroyed - I want to retain full tactical control and or navigation all the time on a MOO battlescape. :D

This is where many current "tactical" 3D space games failed. Like wretched Battlefleet Gothic: Armada and poorly executed Battlestar Galactica. :((

In the majestic era of Privateer I-II, - Origin "We create worlds!", remember? :) - there was a project pitched around - IIRC - of space pirate battleships fighting each other from top down view. Deck open FTL style and you could storm the other ship Pirates!-style. It was an EPIC concept, but no investor dared to touch that revolutionary project. :(

That guy is hard to listen to. :)

The setting sounds great, but the gameplay footage didn't exactly inspire me.

Back
Top Bottom