Alienware Alpha??

CelticFrost

SasqWatch
Was reading on the xbox one losing money and came accross this.

Alienware.com/landings/alpha/

I am on the road today so will have to check it out latter. Has anyone heard of it or know much about it ?

OMG.
$549

Just don't. Please. Save the cash, grab yourself a custom built machine that'll run anything on ultrasettings for years. And with 60+ FPS.

OMG.
$549

Just don't. Please. Save the cash, grab yourself a custom built machine that'll run anything on ultrasettings for years. And with 60+ FPS.

Dell Alienware : Overcharging for our logo since 1999.

OMG.
$549

Oh! no I am not going to buy one, just never hear about them. Just wanted feed back on them in general. Normally there is a lot of hype around stuff like this. If hadn't read that article posted here on the X-box losing money I would have never seen them.

549 is the basic alpha.

The basic Alpha will pack a Core i3 Haswell processor, 4GB of RAM, 500GB hard drive, dual-band 802.11ac 1×1 Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, HDMI out, gigabit Ethernet, 2 USB 3.0 ports and a custom-built NVIDIA GPU that uses Maxwell architecture and will have 2GB of dedicated RAM.

I would buy ps4 instead. Its cheaper and better.

We have 2 of them but my children don't like them. No games yet.

Buy ps3. Its really cheap and there are huge amount of good games. Also you could get ps plus subscription for free games and discounts each month for both consoles.

If you really want pc (steam with lots of cheap games) then buy the alienware alpha but not the basic edition. Put more money into it to get a rig that runs all games. Core i5 and 8gb memory.

I guess the custom built gpu cannot be changed so I would see some test first before buying to see what it is capable of.

Back
Top Bottom