Alrik's GamesCom Bits

Eh…. you've never played any of the Gothic games??

I did, but only Gothic 1, and that only half through (rather literally).

I never saw its end.

I do have Gothic 2 Gold here, though.

I just recently read a little bit about this game and I'm excited about this one. I haven't heard too much about it yet and only read one or two articles on it so maybe you'll know, Alrik, just how far along it's in development? Did they give any hints whatsoever about how long until it's release like a year or two?

Sorry, I think I remember the rep said a date, but I just don't remember it anymore. It's just too much data flowing into my head on two days. ;)

I had the impression that it looked still a bit rough, and the graphics were rather comic-like than realistic. On the very first few moves, some kind of goblin (?) "advisor" directed the "Master" (the player) through the very first few steps, which included slaying a few heroes (with one looking a bit like Miss Tomb Raider) and taking their money, and then opening some kind of "portal" in order to attract (read : lure) more heroues into the Dungeon. A "Dungeon Heart" was also there, a big, red and lowing thing, about twice or three times bigger than the Master himself (who looked like some unknown being in a complete knight's armor, only reddish and … well, you know how bad guys look like. ;) ). The advisor stood near to the Dungeon Heart.

The "driving" of the Master was rather sluggish and not very good at all, which is the primary point why I consider this game to be relatively early. Although used to WASD now a bit, I couldn't get through it very well, because the movement wasn't fluid at all, and one had to turn the Master on one stop to face him into the new direction he should go to, and I don't consider this very intuitive. The look was from top down to the scenery … the looking angle was lke … let's say in BG.

The graphics looked rather like a comic. Simple and kind of colourful. Colourful in the sense of WOW.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. From what you say it sounds like it's still a year off or at least.

So the master is more than just a floating claw like hand this time :) Cool. I like how you have to lure them in this time around and I can live with colorful graphics as long as it's wickedly funny. Good thing that the Dungeon Keeper community isn't as large as the Diablo one or we would have a "IT'S TOO SHINY!!!" revolt on our hands :D

Thanks again and I so envy you right now. None of the Gaming Conventions that matter ever come to Taiwan :D

Thanks!!! You really need to try any Warhammer game :) That is if you like fantasy battle set in the future or past. Those space marines/chaos marines were awesome. I liked the sign to New Vegas as well.

That's another on my must buy lists though I'm still keeping my expectations low on it. Alpha Protocol was a big disappointment, but I have some hope that they'll be able to put some depth into Fallout 3. Imo, that and a few tweaks here and there with the gameplay was all that was really missing in the vanilla version of F3.

Ah, I remember having seen among the numerous online games a "Age Of Empires Online", too. Just to inform you.
Not to mention Lego Online. ;)

Thanks Alrik for the information. I didn't visit Gamescom myself this year, so it is good to read your views.

At your service. ;)

There is now a trailer available for The First Templar :

http://www.pcgames.de/The-First-Tem...-veroeffentlicht-den-Gamescom-Trailer-770005/

Edit : A trailer of the new version of the famous "Farm/Farming Simulator", a "game" of which its makers claim "it surpassed in terms of sales even wow".

And they might even be right, as an article in a gaming magazine seemed to hint at.

Amazon Computerspiele-Bestseller

1: Landwirtschafts-Simulator 2011
2: Mafia II (uncut)
3: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty
4: Die Sims 3
5: World of WarCraft: Cataclysm (Add-on…
6: World of WarCraft - GameCard (60 Tag…
7: Sid Meier's Civilization V
8: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Deut…
9: Die Sims 3: Traumkarrieren (Add-On)
10: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (Uncut)

Back
Top Bottom