Anthem - Interview with Casey Hudson

Well *I* cared. Up until that Jonathan Warner quote :( Was hoping it would be more than some kinda of open-world battleground for kids getting home from middle school.

Bioware is just a shell. The studio has been chosen to develop an IP.
EA has been very clear since the start of the project, no more single player RPG from that studio.

Ran across this YouTube interview from a couple days ago with Jonathan Warner, Game Director for Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PU2udm-iXW8

60 seconds in:
Interviewer: "What's the overarching goal in Anthem?"
Jonathan Warner: "Right, so the overarching goal, uh, is really to, uh, to, power up your, uh, your javelins to the degree where you feel like you're pretty legendary…"

Well, to be frank, isn't this what most gamers, especially the younger generations, actually want ?

Everyone seems to want it, but no-one admits it.

I often wonder if Drakensang 2 failed so much because one cound NOT become a Legendary/God-like creature ...

Eh, I don't mind it, for some ( or most) video games come down to simply having a good time. And this looks like a pretty good TPS.

What I don't like is this, only two active abilities restriction, so you end up spamming the same "generic", useful in every situation, powers we've seen hundred times over.

They've been removing more and more active, in combat options, with every game, since DAO.

Back
Top Bottom