• Frequently

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Always

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Luethar sent us a new poll, which I tweaked a bit. We are now asking if a game has the option to play with others, do you use that option?

Share your opinions with us.

It kind of depends. I don't enjoy MMOs, and the co-op mode of some RPGs is fine in principle, but among my friends and our lives I don't find it very practical.

What I do occasionally get into is brief tactical or sports games, where you have a session, and that's the end of it. Even before online play, my earliest experiences of really great two-player video games were the EA Sports titles on the Megadrive. I mean, we had really great late nights having championships with the original NHL and Madden.

Shouldn't come as a surprise but never. Lone wolf all the way. Simply put I played MMO's just never enjoyed them, nor do I play Co-op as most friends don't game anymore.

A long time ago, I was an avid MP player. I really enjoyed some old school text based MUD or online space shooter such as Subspace and Infantry. Nowadays, I find playing SP game much simpler and practical.

Never. Playing online with strangers has no appeal to me and is no option. On the other hand my friends and family and other people I know are no gamers. With them I do things like hiking. Even if some of them were gamers, making appointments for gaming would not fit into my life, since I don't play at predefined times, but spontaneously.

Edit: When my daughter was a child, we played super mario cart, and when she was a teenager a little bit of Duke3d coop, but that was a long time ago.

The poll is about frequency, could be interesting to have another one later, about preferred style of MP game with multiple choices :)

Sometimes and in co-op with people I know, that's really the best formula for me.

Paid or small alpha/indie projects MMORPG were fine too, fewer trolls, but just eating too much time. Paid MMORPGs are much about fetch quests and DLC events but they are high quality graphics, it's fun a little while then it's quickly getting fixated on tactics and exploits to level up in group. Projects in development are fun because you get to know people in a different context, it's less focused on the gameplay alone.

DM mode of games that support SP+DM (not MMORPGs) are in general full of trolls who are not interested in playing the game so I'm not even trying anymore. Same for "free" MMORPGs.

I picked sometimes: I only play co-op very occasionally with the better half, but that's it.

I have to answer - sometimes.
I do not have a standard cooper or group (guild), but in games with random mmoing I do use it sometimes for lulz and sometimes to feel the toxicity of mmo drones.

Only on the rare occasions my son and I have the same game and want to collect the mp achievements. I play ESO but ignore other people.

I play a few multiplayer games with friends, but mostly play singleplayer games.

Never multi-player, but sometimes I'll try a mmo. Although these days I think I'm done with Everquest, and just focusing on Pantheon for now. If a game seems to focus on co-op or multi-player aspects, it can actually cause me to avoid purchasing it.

I played World of Warcraft for 12 years and the only other game is Fallout76 where I've barely communicated with another player. So my answer isn't never but I just can't see me playing any MMO unless it has significant single player content and I've run out of things to play.

I'll call it "never" but there are some funky exceptions like Dragon's Dogma's pawn system or the competition between Steam friends in Just Cause 3.

Sometimes, although it's been awhile. I used to play Quake 3 back in the day and also did some PvP in StarCraft.

I almost never do multiplayer in RPGs. The last one I did was ME: Andromeda which wasn't bad.

I prefer playing cRPG alone but other games I tend to play with my hubby :)

Pre-covid: never
Now: frequently

Covid really changed my appreciation for co-op games. A nice way to meet friends when you can't meet in real life.

Still I dislike MMOs. Never found any I liked. Turn-based party RPGs are my favorite co-op games. Fun to discuss tactics etc. when there is no time pressure.

No, Although I did play Everquest back when it was new and good for a year or two. And have also played board games such as chess and other board based type games online on occasion.

But I consider myself a solo gamer for sure when it comes to PC gaming and rpg gaming especially... I would not ever play a MMO shooter based game, for example. Most of the MMO games don't appeal or interest me in the least.
I'd rather play an old school or classical based solo rpg or solo first person shooter than those games.

If mmos included, yep, i played wow and lineage 2 to death about 15 years ago, even repeated my first year in the univ because of lineage2 haha.
As for normal games with mp part, red faction guerilla, i played that game probably for 50h+ in the mp. All in all, dont think i played 10 games in total for serious in mp.

It's funny, we all want the tabletop experience but yet want to play alone, myself included!

I have played MMO but never with anyone, so I put never.

Back
Top Bottom