Assassin's Creed Shadows - Announced

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The historical adventure RPG Assassin's Creed Shadows will be released on November 15:

Assassin's Creed Shadows - Official Cinematic Reveal Trailer

Experience an epic historical action-adventure story set in feudal Japan! Become a lethal shinobi Assassin and a powerful legendary samurai as you explore a beautiful open world in a time of chaos. Switch seamlessly between two unlikely allies as you discover their common destiny and usher in a new era for Japan.

Thanks Couchpotato!

More information.

giphy.gif

Then again, thinking back, they never explained the black vikings in Valhalla.

Yeah well, it's Disney kind of semi-fantasy entertainment. Got to have some wokeness to please the times we live in. I wonder whether it will be any good :unsure: Hopefully less filler than in the previous games.

Last edited:
Sure, because using an actually historic, albeit obscure black character as a loose inspiration is a huge problem with realism in a world with aliens and ultratech devices... Sure, this is totally not white tears drama. *yawn* As if there wasn't enough real shit to complain about in AC. Didn't even play the last part.

Ok, so reading the Wikipedia page, the AC character IS Yasuke, although in real life he was more of a golf caddy or porter than a samurai.

That sort of game always feel more like a movie with gaming elements instead of a game with cinematic elements.

Can you watch just the cutscene, instead?

There are a lot of excitement concerning this game in my part since it's locally made at our local Ubisoft studio.

Sure, because using an actually historic, albeit obscure black character as a loose inspiration is a huge problem with realism in a world with aliens and ultratech devices... Sure, this is totally not white tears drama. *yawn* As if there wasn't enough real shit to complain about in AC. Didn't even play the last part.
A loose inspiration indeed. There's no evidence that Yasuke was ever considered a samurai. The Caucasian female ninja is even dumber. *Edit* Correction, not sure why I thought she was Caucasian. She's obviously not, so that's a relief.

What's sad is that, even with their blatant attempt to be woke here, they actually took a step backwards by removing the choice of gender that was present in the last two big-budget AC games.

Last edited:
Is it too much to want to play a Japanese samurai in a game set in Japan during the Sengoku period?. Ghost of Tsushima did it great.
If they wanted the MC to be based on real historical samurai from that period, there are over a hundred they could have chosen from.
Or they could have created an original Japanese character like it was planned with an interesting history like in the post below.

Attachments

• aD2wY5O_700bwp.jpg
    aD2wY5O_700bwp.jpg
    536.2 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
What's sad is that, even with their blatant attempt to be woke here, they actually took a step backwards by removing the choice of gender that was present in the last two big-budget AC games.
Hey, come on, what's wrong with free choice over two characters of opposite sexes and a potential love story unfolding?

Wait a minute, didn't I see this ploy in the recent Disney made Star Wars movies? :ROFLMAO:

Regarding the female shinobi there was no such thing in Japan. A female practitioner of ninjutsu is called a kunoichi. But this is only used for literary works and it was mainly popularized in the 20 century. There is no historical evidence for it.
What there is evidence of is of female warriors, even during the Sengoku period. They were called Onna-musha and they fought in battle alongside samurai men.
Ghost of Tsushima did a good representation of an onna-musha with Masako Adachi.
For AC Shadows, if they wanted a male and female character, they could have used a female onna-musha and a male shinobi, and it would be accurate.

I like what they wrote about allowing you to crawl and some decent stealth with that. But chances are you're only doing that for immersion and to make it harder on yourself.
Nothing was harder in AC than when they didn't have proper stealth at all. Trying to keep yourself within those little moving zones while keeping targets in sight, ugh.

That's a big meh from me not a dual protagonist fan, or a fan of the setting.

If I ever do buy this game it'll be years later with all DLC on a very cheap sale.

Hey, come on, what's wrong with free choice over two characters of opposite sexes and a potential love story unfolding?

Wait a minute, didn't I see this ploy in the recent Disney made Star Wars movies? :ROFLMAO:
That huge warning label about their games being developed by a diverse cast of developers is the huge red flag. After the past scandals I'm not surprised anymore.

Now that the former executive who muzzled the team is gone it's all fair game.

Back
Top Bottom