ATOM RPG - Kickstarter live

That's fallout 2 clones? That's your list? LOL. Sure luj1 the hateboy you won't provide any because you don't have any, 1 title perhaps relevant, and non relevant titles.

Just say you hate Russia it will be more clear and quicker.

I enjoyed Boiling Point and The Fall Last Days of Gaia despite the unpolished state. Still need to play White Gold, finally got it on Steam this week, so I'll probably play Atom. These guys need to release a polished title, they clearly have talent but testing a bug mashing is there biggest hurdle.

If they have to, they could easily use their fan base to do beta testing for free. It's better than releasing a buggy title.

That's fallout 2 clones? That's your list? LOL. Sure luj1 the hateboy you won't provide any because you don't have any, 1 title perhaps relevant, and non relevant titles.

Just say you hate Russia it will be more clear and quicker.

No they are not all fallout clones, they are tactics games with RPG elements.

I enjoyed Boiling Point and The Fall Last Days of Gaia despite the unpolished state. Still need to play White Gold, finally got it on Steam this week, so I'll probably play Atom. These guys need to release a polished title, they clearly have talent but testing a bug mashing is there biggest hurdle.

If they have to, they could easily use their fan base to do beta testing for free. It's better than releasing a buggy title.

Last Days of Gaia was great. Only after the speech patch though. Before that I couldn't bear the poor recording quality. That was a German production though.

All dev Russians are the same, or all those making tactical RPG? What's this logic?

Some people here fall on their head.

Hi, RPGWatch! Thank you so much for your support! We appreciate it!

Hi, RPGWatch! Thank you so much for your support! We appreciate it!

Not sure how much support is to be found here in the forums as it seems.

That said, it might be a good insight for you to work with. You might want to show a bit that you are reliable and can actually produce some great, well polished content.

Maybe some real gameplay of an almost finished area, or showing some combat.
Build some trust.

Not sure how much support is to be found here in the forums as it seems.

That said, it might be a good insight for you to work with. You might want to show a bit that you are reliable and can actually produce some great, well polished content.

Maybe some real gameplay of an almost finished area, or showing some combat.
Build some trust.

Hello Kordanor! We have an alpha build for Windows, Linux and Mac. It's still pretty much a work in progress, but can provide you with a general idea of our vision.

Feel free to express your opinion!

I might try the demo.

I played through and actually enjoyed Planet Alcatraz. The translation was…funny att times, but not so bad you could understand the context.

Hello Kordanor! We have an alpha build for Windows, Linux and Mac. It's still pretty much a work in progress, but can provide you with a general idea of our vision.

Feel free to express your opinion!

Well, your English seems pretty good to me. If you're helping with the text, it looks like you'll do just fine. Good luck!

tomasp3n
I played through and actually enjoyed Planet Alcatraz. The translation was…funny att times, but not so bad you could understand the context.
Well, Planet Alcatraz definitely has its charm. But still, it was kinda butchered in the translation.

crpgnut
Well, your English seems pretty good to me. If you're helping with the text, it looks like you'll do just fine. Good luck!
No, you see, it's not that we don't know the language... It's just that we have time for translation only after our day jobs. As you can imagine a whole day at work doesn't help with translating complex texts. Actually, that's one of the reasons why we are gathering money on Kickstarter, so we could hire a professional. Someone who could dedicate all his/her time to this task.

luj1
Is there anything you do different than FO or its just a homage?
Well, the main trump we've got in the battle against the classics is that everyone played them for unknown hundreds of hours. We're the new guys. Our world is open for exploration. It still holds some mystery. Honestly though, we're not trying to out-do the best. We're continuing the tradition these games started. As for the newer titles - we've got text. Most of the newer projects that take inspiration from Fallout and Wasteland try to mimic those titles combat and atmosphere-wise. What we're offering is a lot of text. Unique dialogues with every NPC, role-playing moments in every dialogue, multiple solutions to any quest. Skill and perk-based dialogue options. Whole quests centered on the dialogue text window. The game isn't finished, not by a long shot, but it already sports 3000 lines of text. There's going to be a lot more. For each and every occasion.

If you can hit a high mark regarding writing and C&C I'll buy it and disregard everything else.

# Update 3 (from Kickstarter)
95XiB7uf0.jpg

Hello, guys!

So, what gives the world of ATOM its uniqueness? Even if we disregard the post-Soviet setting, our main focus is not the same old story of how people rebuild after a disaster! No, we decided to take a different approach. The surviving human society in our game is much closer to medieval than in other post-apocalyptic titles. And by that we don't necessarily mean savagery, crazy new forms of government and such.

We're working to show how the psychology of the masses changes in the aftermath of everything getting blown to bits. While traveling our world, you will find that most people carry the medieval mythological thinking inside of them!

Where Legends Are Made

In our world legends, myths and gods are born. Bandits act like feudal lords, honest working people regress into peasantry, bureaucrats (not warlords) rule the biggest city on the map, stories of past tech birth mystical legends, former Communist Party Members and the KGB become boogeymen that are said to wait for lonely travelers near their hidden installations in the deep woods, magic and witchcraft are explanations many NPCs have for genetic mutations and even the war itself.

Our world is as realistic as we can make it while still keeping it fun. But it's also highly esoteric in a sense. Something along the lines of Planescape Torment's Sigil meets the NCR.

Those are some big shoes to fill, but we are confident that we can do it!

Thank you!

# Update 5 (from Kickstarter)

Hello and thank you!

We are 50% done and that's all thanks to your help!

A76ziT3.png

Stretch goal at $25000: Crafting system

It’s only natural in a survival situation to use whatever is close at hand. To represent this aspect of wilderness and urban survival, we are planning a simple but effective crafting system for the game.

Collect all manner of things and try to combine them to create something new… And who knows, maybe one day it will help you in a tight spot! Or seal your fate.

m6kDiXJ.png

Grenade + duct tape + rat = interesting trap!
You can experiment with different combinations of items, but the success of the end result will be determined by the Tinkering skill.

jpKCFe0.jpg

Stretch goal at $30.000: Female protagonist

It’s easy to make an automatic male to female protagonist transition, by changing “he” for “she” at specific places in each line of dialogue.

However, this is not what we have in mind. Role-playing characters of different genders should come with slightly different and sometimes even unique experiences and varied story telling. Different approaches to solving the same quest situations are also needed.

Our aim is to make certain NPCs react to male and female protagonists differently, say different things, act differently according to the gender the player picked at the beginning of the game.

This needs a complete overhaul of most dialogues in the game – a task which isn’t that easy, seeing how we already have 3000+ lines, and the game isn’t even finished, not by a long shot. However, with extra donations, it will become possible for our writer team to start working full-time to make it happen.

Thank you again, guys! Without you this wouldn't be possible and we are positive that with your continued support we can make it!

[More info]

Alright, pledged.

Backed too, but with a very low believing, sorry to write that. Because when you read it, it looks like someone with too big eyes for his stomach, or the frog that wanted to be a bull.

But ok the single only project I backed in past, for which I had the exact same feeling was Lords of Xulima, and even if I didn't finished it (too big too long), I can't say they didn't fulfill the engagements nor that at end it wasn't satisfying.

In fact there was another, Graywalkers: Purgatory, but the campaign failed when I pledged it.

Alright, pledged.
Why thank you! :)

Backed too, but with a very low believing, sorry to write that. Because when you read it, it looks like someone with too big eyes for his stomach, or the frog that wanted to be a bull.

But ok the single only project I backed in past, for which I had the exact same feeling was Lords of Xulima, and even if I didn't finished it (too big too long), I can't say they didn't fulfill the engagements nor that at end it wasn't satisfying.

In fact there was another, Graywalkers: Purgatory, but the campaign failed when I pledged it.
It's completely understandable that you have some doubts, but believe me: we are only promising what we know for a fact that we can deliver! We want to make a solid role-playing experience with some survival mechanics, not an over encompassing mega-game :)
By the way, Lords of Xulima is a great game!

I have a low believing for half of my pledging so don't worry for me, it's just standard. Make the best you can, I never expect miracles. :)

Back
Top Bottom