Baldur's Gate 3 - Reveals Races and Classes for EA Day 1

Aasimars would be nice, probably they'll be added considering there are already tieflings and githyanki. Personally, I'd love to see elemental genasies, though I imagine it'd require a lot of work to add and tune a race that's basically four, each with very differing physical appearance, meaning armour models would have to be customised for each and such.

That's what's puzzling me. I see no reason to put stuff into the EA download, if it's not used. Technically, it's even more complicated to just leave encrypted stuff around if it's not meant to be used.

EDIT: Actually scratch that. It’s probably harder and more error prone to untangle content and references to all that content to make it a clean version. It’s probably easier to just introduce a logic gate into the game to not allow going over a certain story point and just encrypt all rest of the content. So I take back what I said.

Exactly, when you have delivery scripts for a product, it's easier when you don't have to manage sub-products, and especially dependencies between the different types of content. And if the product is still under development, they don't have to manage the maintenance of two sub-products instead of one, much easier on the validation time which is usually a problem - even for a single product.

We can see the same with operating systems, I'm not sure about Win10, but a few years ago, personal versions had the same code as professional ones, it just required a specific value in the registry to be activated. Customers are usually offended when they hear about that ("What? Why do they ask for more money, it's the same code!") :D

PS: now we'll just have to find this switch in BG3... ;)

Back
Top Bottom