Batman Arkham Asylum

I wasn't very interested in this, but seeing this trailer got me pumped for some action with the Dark Knight. Looks pretty cool and I like the gameplay mechanics. Seems like a blend between Prince of Persia style action and Splinter Cell stealth action.

Check out the Demo Trailer for yourself. Or the HD version.

Batman is my favourite comix character so I'm sold.
Will this be your typical linear Action game with some adventure elements?

at last, a real Batman game with no movie tie-ins! i hope there are a lot of stealth moves involved. going off to watch the trailer..

I'll wait for reviews ... and honestly there is enough other stuff that I'll probably not play it until after the first of next year. But it looks interesting and I hope it is good!

there is a demo coming out this Friday. this is a good time to find out.

Found this nice gameplay demo from E3. It's 2 parts and I recommend watching them in HD.

E3 Demo Part 1 HD
E3 Demo Part 2 HD
E3 Demo Part 2 SD
E3 Demo Part 2 SD

Cool stuff.

My one concern with what I'm seeing is that it seems too easy to play. Pretty much nothing fails. The grappling mechanic is automatic, the takedowns are automatic, the fighting seems like could be done with button-mashing. I hope I'm wrong. :)

Just heard that Batman is delayed to Sept 15th and will have better PhysX implementation.

a sign of times, a demo that is 2GB. going to d/l too..

Yup, you're right.

I'm a good way through the demo. And it's pretty good. I had one crash, which gave me a chance to get here and post this. But overall it's pretty good. Looks great and plays great. And I tried to button-mash my way through some levels. Couldn't do it with armed guards. You get massacred before you get to them. Best way to clear rooms is by using Detective-mode and stealth. Btw, I love to drop/glide-kick enemies.

Oh, and one of my favorite moves has to be the upside down hang which the Dark Knight is famous for. Looks cool as hell. :D Hanging upside down and waiting for someone to pass, then dropping down silently and performing a silent take-down.

Combat is pretty entertaining. You perform attacks with your fists and do counters on their attacks. All of which look great. From time to time they trigger slow-motion so you can enjoy the fists that start flying. You can also through your batarang and have the option to manually control it in first person.

can't wait for batman
i heard you can play as the joker in the ps3 version
hope this game will be the best batman game (i hope)

just started the demo.. anyone knows how to control the view camera? the batman appears too big..

yes, i was thinking of zooming in & out. but it's ok, i guess. it's a matter of preference.

as for the game, i think the opening few minutes was quite intuitive. the initial hand-holding cues are a bit hindrance but expected since there is a console version as well. i'll hook up a 360 controller to see if the movements are any better.

Top notch production values, and extremely competent in technical/presentation terms. Amazing look for the characters and smooth as silk animations.

If there's a decent story and more gameplay variety than the demo suggests, then we might have a great game on the horizon. If there's little more variety than in the demo, I'll be bored in 30 minutes and then the story has to be REALLY good for me to finish it.

But DAMN, that's a nice looking cape :)

I'm downloading it on steam now but won't have time to mess around with it until Thursday or Friday probably.

Back
Top Bottom