Battle Brothers - Release Date: March 24

Thank you for the great news, HiddenX!!! :)

Forgottenlor, you better empty your current schedule, you'll review this one for us :)

I'll make it a priority to play through before the end of the year, Henrique. All the excitement in this thread makes me want to play it sooner rather than later. :)

I've stayed away from this because I don't like to play games during development - but it's been hard waiting. Should be a great game!

Better take your war hammers against that thick armor of orcs. While swords are much better against undead to chop their heads off.

I would have assumed it would be the other way around because blades will cut the flesh of orcs and make them bleed, sever muscles and tendons, etc. and be generally a lighter, faster weapon. To break skeleton bones you want a heavy blunt weapon.

Perhaps the creators of the game have never played Dungeons and Dragons.

Have you played Helherron? https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22309

I would have assumed it would be the other way around because blades will cut the flesh of orcs and make them bleed, sever muscles and tendons, etc. and be generally a lighter, faster weapon. To break skeleton bones you want a heavy blunt weapon.

Perhaps the creators of the game have never played Dungeons and Dragons.

https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22309

I haven't the played BB that much yet, but my understanding is that orcs tend to wear heavy armor so light fast weapons are not that effective against them. Meanwhile undead have a bad habit of not staying dead, but if you cut their head off with a blade they can't come back. Not sure if that applies to skeletons.

In various versions of D&D zombies were best fought with slashing weapons and blunt weapons were better against armor as well.

Must admit the visual style put me off, too. Looks like Russian dolls jumping around and slaying each other with telekinesis. Seems a lot of people rate it, though, so I should give it a go.

I'm surprised so many of you hate the art style so much. Obviously everyone has the right to their own opinion. The Witcher 3 this is not, but it is a unique art style and I think it works well for this game. I bought this a long time ago and it is rock solid. I would bet that if those of you that don't like the art played it anyway, most of you would end up liking it.

Plus it could be worse, at least we don't have pick some hideous 3D character model from the Unity engine games. :)

I would bet that if those of you that don't like the art played it anyway, most of you would end up liking it.

I take it you are not a very risky person by nature. Mostly because I believe thats exactly what we were saying prior to your bet… :)

I can't say I'm fond of the art direction either, but considering how many Watch members praise this game I'll probably give it a try.

I couldn't take the art either so stopped following it. Will buy it based on some good gameplay recommendations.

Yup, hate the board game style. Knights of the Chalice 2 has adopted a board game'ish style as well. Ugh. This game might be worth playing anyway though.

Must admit the visual style put me off, too. Looks like Russian dolls jumping around and slaying each other with telekinesis. Seems a lot of people rate it, though, so I should give it a go.

If it goes on GOG I'll buy it instantly.

I'm surprised so many of you hate the art style so much.

Well, don't be. :p It's purely a matter of taste.

Plus it could be worse, at least we don't have pick some hideous 3D character model from the Unity engine games. :)

It's not about the engine, it's about art direction. :)

I would take a guess that 75-80% will be won over by the art direction once they play. Like I said, I did not follow game until about 2 months ago because I did not like the graphics. Now I can't stop playing. The game to me feels like HoMM3 but without controlling a kingdom. It's like playing HoMM3 with just one army and no town management.

You played Helherron?! I thought I was the only one. Considering how ubiquitous the term "dungeon crawler" is, I'm always amazed how few of them there actually are.

Re: the art, the hand-painted characters and monsters are not crappy, discount filler. Their artist is very talented, he just didn't know how to do arms and legs. :D

But seriously, in this case you have to get over it. Just look at their reviews on Steam.

You played Helherron?! I thought I was the only one. Considering how ubiquitous the term "dungeon crawler" is, I'm always amazed how few of them there actually are.

Re: the art, the hand-painted characters and monsters are not crappy, discount filler. Their artist is very talented, he just didn't know how to do arms and legs. :D

But seriously, in this case you have to get over it. Just look at their reviews on Steam.

I have too....great game.

Hi Nanni,

Kind regards from Brazil :)

Back
Top Bottom