Bethesda - A Game of Thrones Game?

Guys, no Season 7 spoilers please - some of us haven't seen it yet!

I like Bethesda and I like Game of Thrones, but basically I agree with theMadGamer on this one.

I like Bethesda and I like Game of Thrones, but basically I agree with theMadGamer on this one.

My mistake, I apologize.

EVERYONE DIES.
Is it a spoiler when its the literal theme of the movie :)

I'm just a bit paranoid because NowTV's new software beat my Belgian VPN so I need to wait for the DVD release. :)

Bit of an odd choice for Beth, if true. They already have TES as their own IP in this space, which is virtually guaranteed to sell as many copies of TES VI as any game could hope to sell.

As I've mentioned before, I hate royal intrigue plot type books like Game of Thrones...they are so blah. I don't give a fig about those types of plots and story lines, like, at all... although I did read the first book, and hated it. That said, I know its super popular among the masses, both the books and tv show, and would probably become a big seller because Bethesda and the books are so high profile, but I definitely would be skipping it.

As far as I'm concerned, the bad thing about this development is that Bethesda would be pumping out Game of Thrones games for years, instead of something else that I might be interested in. But regarding Bethesda, that has been pretty much par for the course anyway for their recent games, to be honest. The last title I bought that was made by Bethesda was Fallout 3 (which is a pretty good open world shooter type game).

Will, they be hiring actual writers for this?

I have to join the chorus. I can neither see Beth as a good fit for a GoT game, considering the importance of characters, story, and dialogue to both the books and the show. If they go the 'live your life in Westeros' route, they would really need to bring something new to the table so it's not just a reskinned ES game.

I gave it a try but couldn't get into it. Combat was definitely a main reason. I thought it was too slow-paced and not visceral enough for GoT. Maybe I'll give it another shot someday.

I don't necessarily disagree with your observations but I think it's worth sticking with it - the alternating story arc works pretty well as the story develops.

Ugh… Bethesda plus Game of Thrones. What a pukeworthy marriage. Absolutely something one would expect, however.

Back
Top Bottom