Bethesda Softworks - Todd Howard Interview

Good to know those rumors about another developer helping with future Fallout games was true. So four Fallout projects are currently planned but no info shared.

So let's see one mobile game, one full remaster probably Fallout 3, and two full unannounced games. Which Is probably Fallout 5 and a spinoff from another studio

Good news.. come 2030. Hopefully I will still be alive by then.

Probably sooner as MS isn't happy with Bethesda just sitting on their IPs.

They spent billions to buy them and want a return on their investment.

I don't see how Microsoft would be unhappy after they just released a successful series. It looks like it's more a consequence of that which makes them want to seize the opportunity.

MS needs more good games to put on GamePass to drive up revenue.

To do so they need more exclusive games. Beth just sits on a huge gold mine. They fail to realize their not independent and can't only work on one game at a time.

Look at CDPR they have over five games in development and production.

I'll believe they're remastering one of the older titles when they officially announce it but not before.

Who really knows but what we do know is that Todd loves to tell sweet little lies.🤷‍♂️

one mobile game, one full remaster probably Fallout 3, and two full unannounced games. Which Is probably Fallout 5 and a spinoff from another studio
Why they didnt try to remake Fallout 1+2? With Bethesda design, reimagination.... that would make "hot potato" in the hands of community :) (and no pun intended, Couchpotato :ROFLMAO: )

Why they didnt try to remake Fallout 1+2? With Bethesda design, reimagination.... that would make "hot potato" in the hands of community :) (and no pun intended, Couchpotato :ROFLMAO: )
Why not but they more then likely wont. I even mentioned this before on other threads.

Bottom-line I don't think Bethesda cares about the games before they bought the IP.

Though BG3 showed their is a market for good TB RPG games.

Bottom-line I don't think Bethesda cares about the games before they bought the IP.
Yes. I think they also changed few things in the lore. So they dont want to go back. I heard that TV show (which I didnt watch yet) changed some things too.

Though BG3 showed their is a market for good TB RPG games.
I think that Howard is not interested in this TB style. He doesnt like the gameplay and doesnt like to read too much. He completely ignores it.
And I wouldnt be surprised if he ignores BG3 too. I wonder if he would watch Elden Ring much more than BG3 while making Elder Scrolls VI.

I think that Howard is not interested in this TB style. He doesnt like the gameplay and doesnt like to read too much. He completely ignores it.
And I wouldnt be surprised if he ignores BG3 too. I wonder if he would watch Elden Ring much more than BG3 while making Elder Scrolls VI.
Is it Todd who makes their games? I thought they had hundreds of employees....

Is it Todd who makes their games? I thought they had hundreds of employees....
He's head of game development and the boss of Bethesda now, but I'm sure there are a few bosses above his pay grade. They would have to be on Microsoft's side though.

Right, I meant that perhaps Todd sells the ideas to MS and steers the boat, but in a creative company people lower down would iterate the product. Sure Todd would have influence on whether they would make a TB game, which I agree will not happen, but I doubt he controls the details on how Elder Scrolls VI ends up being. That is an iterative process to which most of the company probably contributes. Having elements from Elden Ring combat would be nice, although Bethesda, Bethesda, never changes. I expect a slightly improved version of Skyrim combat and rubber faced bland companions with a possibility to marry them.

Todd would have influence on whether they would make a TB game, which I agree will not happen, but I doubt he controls the details on how Elder Scrolls VI ends up being. That is an iterative process to which most of the company probably contributes.
Of course, nobody said otherwise. I just said that in case of the most fundamental elements (like TB or action combat) he wouldnt approve TB game. I assume he probably ignores such games including BG3. As you agreed, they have their style.

Last edited:
"They were so important that any mention of the Enclave was expressly prohibited in New Vegas except for the Remnants that the project director fought for despite the fact Todd [Howard] had a seemingly huge hard-on for the Enclave (not an insult, good on Todd for having a huge hard-on)."
I'm skeptical

Back
Top Bottom