BG3 BG3 General Talk

Baldur's gate 3
You are trying to break the game too hard - and you managed doing so :D Congratulations!
I wouldn't say so.

The only questionable thing I did was that after the initial attack on the Grove my Drow Tav immediatley traced their tracks back to the camp. Everything else was quite straight forward roleplaying without the intention of breaking the game.
The Goblins say that they are led by a Drow. And soon as he met Minthara it was clear that he would have to follow the female Drow to solve the problems. ;)
I even would have liked to take Shadowheart with me and make her a Dark Justiciar, but Drow Tav just couldn't leave the artifact that protected him in the hands of a filthy iblith. So she left him no choice. :D

Last edited:
I also managed to break the game by first doing the Rosemary monastery area and entering Shadowlands and then entering Grymforge and Underdark. The quests didn't quite work out in Underdark when starting from the wrong end.

I also managed to break the game by first doing the Rosemary monastery area and entering Shadowlands and then entering Grymforge and Underdark. The quests didn't quite work out in Underdark when starting from the wrong end.
I didn't do the Monastery yet, I just sprinted through Mountain Pass and barely escaped from the Undead which block the way to the Shadowlands. :D
So far I didn't have any problems in the Underdark and all quests worked fine (Sussur Tree, Missing Boots, Kill the Souvereing...). I'm now starting Grymforge. Let's see if it goes well.

So at least til now nothing is broken (except for my Drow mistress not joining me because of some uinfinished business with er "ex").

I'll never understand how people think the writing and/or the voice acting are good in this game. I find scenes like that cringeworthy.
This scene is weird, like the romance scene we saw in the PfH. Karlach's often all over the place.

There isn't much narrative, so the writing is mainly dialogues, but I thought they were spontaneous and believable enough. What bothers you with the writing and the voice acting?

I don't think it fits the setting in a lot of places especially the voice acting. Karlach is a good example. A devilish looking Tiefling with...a British accent.

It's like that all over the game though. I've already said this before, but the accents really take me out of the game. It's not every character, but it's enough of them.

I don't think it fits the setting in a lot of places especially the voice acting. Karlach is a good example. A devilish looking Tiefling with...a British accent.

It's like that all over the game though. I've already said this before, but the accents really take me out of the game. It's not every character, but it's enough of them.
What accent should a tiefling have?
An Elturian one?

I don't get that as a negative at all....

The British empire was quite vast, at the time. ;)

I see what you mean, but for once it's not something that bothers me. I was more annoyed by so many NPCs having an Indian accent in Skyrim.

As in really what accent would you expect a tiefling to have?

What do you have in mind?
Idk, but I wouldn't expect a tiefling who recently escaped from Avernus, and fought in the Blood War for 10 years, to sound like a university girl having a pint with her friends at a London pub.

Well, if Karlach's accent makes sense depends on where she grew up I think. Apparently it's not known what she did before serving Gortash in Baldur's Gate before her 10 years in the hells.
It might be possible that she grew up on the streets and should sound like that. However, it might also be possible that she grew up in the household of a wizard or something.

I also find it very distracting when these very distinctive accents are used. In some edge cases they work, but most of the time if the accent is too specific it just kills immersion for me.
The best thing to do, imo, is to either use a more non-descript accent or some accent that's very rarely heard in media.
For example, Geralt in the Witcher series, he's very distinctive in his voice, rhythm and style, but also doesn't have an accent; or at least a strong one. Or at least not to my ear.

If it comes down to it I'd rather a more unique or non-descript accent than something overly strong.

Yeah, and if you're a non-native speaker like me it's almost completely irrelevant.
Perhaps you guys should start playing in Italian or something. ;)

But is there such a thing? We don't hear our own accent, but there is always one.
Sure, but some accents are definitely stronger than others. I thought that’s why they’re referred to as thick accents. Though it could indeed mean anything.

I’m a non-english speaker for what it’s worth.

Back
Top Bottom