Black Geyser - PC Giveaway (US only)

WHy: entries into the competition are for US residents only. ?!?

There is a silly little system where you have to click on tiny buttons/slots to dry herbs and then ground them. Not fun but just overly complicated, an unnecessary mini-type game. Time-waster for no good reason.

I don't remember the last time I thought a mini-game was actually fun in an rpg.
I can't even think of one.

I can think of mini-games that are fun, but I wouldn't call the brewing system in Black Geyser a mini-game. It's just a poorly designed and very mundane crafting procedure.

WHy: entries into the competition are for US residents only. ?!?

Because we're obviously a superior people…duh.

Yeah, I want a go.

I'd put that sucker on eBay, and Papa's getting a brand new graphics card!

Sure but it is in Serbian so it's probably not what you're looking for. Also, the archive is not made from scanned issues but they made all the articles available online (I think it's all the articles, never compared it to one of my physical issues).

Anyway, the issues from 1998 til now are available here. Couple of the latest issues are not fully available yet, and they started publication way before 1998 but those issues are not available.

At least I have pretty covers to look at :biggrin:
That's actually a nicely put together site, I wish other magazines would do as good a job chronicling their content, thanks!

It's ok if they dont want of our dirty euros, they wont , you guys will finance them. Anyway it's not likely we will miss much and it's only Act 1 of the game in early access, could take years or never be finished as usual .

It's called a contest and most have restrictions based on where you lived. Think on this if you live in Hawaii or Alaska you are also exempt from most of these contests.

Frankly nothing new here. :-/

As for the final release who the hell knows. They are years behind schedule.

It's ok if they dont want of our dirty euros, they wont , you guys will finance them. Anyway it's not likely we will miss much and it's only Act 1 of the game in early access, could take years or never be finished as usual .

Imo, you're not missing much even if you don't play the game at all.

If you've ever shipped something heavy internationally, it typically gets into the hundreds of dollars quickly. Now BG doesn't have any money really, so this is coming mostly from PC Gamer and the pc creator. It's good business for them as they're getting a bunch of data from the contestants. Don't blame BG for the lack of non-US options.

However, as @JDR13; said, this isn't a sure hit game. I enjoyed it within the limitations of what it is, but this isn't a game to be distraught over if you don't play it. It is extremely late and I'd say the impact is roughly the same as if you never played Darkness over Daggerford/Tortured Hearts/ or any other decent NWN1 mod.

Yeah, I'm sure it's just a company that does those skull cases, and then offers a bit of custom etching. Quite likely they don't even deal with international shipping.

I'm very iffy about the game, but I am starting to think about getting a new PC (and really couldn't care less about how it looks) so I'll take advantage of my American exceptionalism and sign up for the giveaway.

Back
Top Bottom