Black Geyser - Releases March 17th

Yes, the mechanic does allow you to loot. It does tie looting to evil though. I've played both ways and the game really is about zero fun without the loot. They didn't really flesh out the idea of a good play through, imo.
Nah, I was trying to say something different. You said that you want to loot and the world can burn. And I think the game offers exactlty that, tying looting to evil/burning.

Seems to be missing a lot of information. Or it was at least when I played when it was first early released. What stats are useful for what class, how does multiclassing work exactly, etc.

Ah, it seems they finally announced it on Steam.

Let Your Greed Grow On March 17

Black Geyser has an official launch date. Are you ready?
Ho there, adventurers!

Since Black Geyser released into Early Access in August 2021, we've been blown away by the sheer amount of feedback and support we've received. We knew that the game wasn't quite where we wanted it to be, and we wanted to work hard and use this time to refine our vision.

In total, we've delivered over 19 huge updates. From significant improvements to loading times, all new quest chapters, to a fully reworked tutorial and fresh zones: explore the northern frozen harbour of Freynagar, separated from the city by a huge ice dome, or take a trip to Amanuel's Hoard, the seaside fort owned by the greediest man in history.

We've also delivered Linux and Mac Support, a full rebalance for casters, implemented improved boss mechanics and delivered major improvements to its combat and damage scaling. We're not finished, and with our launch date agreed as March 17, 2022, we've still more to do in the coming weeks!

We wanted to thank everyone who has been on this journey with us, and we can't wait for you to dive into the full release as we get over the finish line. In the coming days, we'll be releasing more information on what's on the horizon, as well as some blog posts giving any new players greater insight into the world we've been creating and our all-new launch trailer.

The Black Geyser Team

So, on the party thing. I was quite able to solo the content with a dwarven highlander. If you have a high damage melee character you don't need a party; or at least you didn't in September.

While I love party based RTwP RPGs, I'm hesitant on this one for various reasons. I will wait for release impressions

Because it's trying too hard to be old-school BG?

Hmmm yeah I guess so. I wasn't a big fan of BG1 and I think this game tries to be BG1 without any innovation or QoL improvements. I didn't have much fun with the demo which was available for a short time.

Very long development, unconvincing KS pitch, very small beta/early access testers based on the number of Steam reviews aren't positive signs either.

In addition, I'm no longer starved for IE like RPGs - there are plenty better ones out there.

Hmmm yeah I guess so. I wasn't a big fan of BG1 and I think this game tries to be BG1 without any innovation or QoL improvements. I didn't have much fun with the demo which was available for a short time.

Very long development, unconvincing KS pitch, very small beta/early access testers based on the number of Steam reviews aren't positive signs either.

In addition, I'm no longer starved for IE like RPGs - there are plenty better ones out there.

Yeah, I'm not really looking for that either. We'll see what others report about the game when it's out, as you said. Hopefully it turns out well.

Back
Top Bottom