Couchpotato's Random RPG News

Does Anyone Read This Thread for News?

• Yes

Votes: 53 89.8%
  • No

Votes: 6 10.2%

• Total voters
Well if you read it the producer didn't even acknowledge a PC version was in the works. They even removed the PC release from every past trailer. It might be a 2 year wait.
Originally every site said six months for the PC version.

So we'll see as most Japanese developers don't care about the PC. Thankfully they have started to learn they can make a small profit, and even Sony has discovered this.

Last edited:
Hogwarts Legacy News

Last edited:
It's another Square Enix game and they sell at $70 on release nowadays. We have a few past threads on this topic. Some defend it while others claim the price-hike is bad.
Yeah, I remember the discussions last year. Now it's actually 80 and 105€ here, it's ridiculous. A big chunk of that must go to pay the Denuvo fee, what's not to like.

No wonder Forspoken is so expensive.
$70 for that game is hilarious. It looks so terrible. You run around doing spammy action RPG combat in the most generic-looking setting possible, while playing a female zoomer from NY who says cringeworthy things about every 5-10 seconds? Hard to believe that there would be anyone on this site who's even interested in it.

Delayed for some consoles.

And the PS has exclusive content? It worries me, I hope it's not a console-focused game.
I read that article, I was expecting backlash for the author given the soicial media uproar because of her tweets. Looks like the developer doesn't want a CP 2077 debacle.

As it was mentioned the old gen console releases was pushed back as well last month.

Last edited:
I read that article, I was expecting backlash for the author given the soicial media uproar because of her tweets. Looks like the developer doesn't want a CP 2077 debacle.

As it was mentioned the old gen console releases was pushed back as well last month.
Well GameRant is pretty low in my esteem anyway. They're usually more interested in the latest rants about amouranth and the like than accurate game information. Their name says all.

Yeah it can't be easy to squeeze games like that in old-gen consoles. My fear is that they dumb it down for all platforms because of that, as Obsidian did for The Outer Worlds (granted, it was even older consoles back then).

Well GameRant is pretty low in my esteem anyway. They're usually more interested in the latest rants about amouranth and the like than accurate game information. Their name says all.
Yeah Gamerant can be compared to a celebrity magazine in the super market. Looks like anyone can submit articles and get paid. They don't even allow commets on the site.

Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty: Exclusive Boss Battle Gameplay
Aoye is a fictional creature that appears in the ancient Chinese text Shan Hai Jing, also known as Classic of Mountains and Seas. It is described as a bull-like being with long hair reminiscent of a straw rain-cape.
The Witcher 3 Has Too Many Quests - TheGamer
I recently wrote that The Witcher 3 is better when you stop playing it like a game, and I stand by that comment. Ignore the crafting, the looting, the alchemy, none of that is important. What’s important are the quests, and the brilliant stories they tell. I love Geralt’s quest to find Ciri (I’ve only just got to Skellige at present), but there are clever and engaging characters and stories in the side quests, too. The trouble is, there are far too many of them for this Witcher to handle.

I’m not being entirely negative here. The abundance of quests means there is always stuff to do. Monsters to kill, contracts to fulfil, and people to save. But, as I bid Triss farewell and the game pointed me towards a boat to Skellige at the same docks, I still had so much shit to do. I wasn’t finished with Novigrad by any means, and yet the game was telling me it was time to move on.
Skyrim Mod adds high-quality/high-polygon NPCs - DSO
Modder ‘ace’ has released a must-have mod for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition. This mod is a lore-friendly NPC Overhaul based on High Poly Head, Vanilla Hair Remake and Beards of Power. And, as you can see below, it can significantly improve the quality of the NPCs.
Hogwarts Legacy Voice Cast Announced - Gematsu
Publisher Warner Bros. Games and developer Avalanche Software have announced the voice cast for open-world action RPG Hogwarts Legacy, which includes actors Simon Pegg, Luke Youngblood, and more.
Starfield Getting a 'deep dive' Showcase - PCGamer
The sharp-eyed among you may have noticed that the crown jewel of Bethesda's upcoming games—Starfield (opens in new tab)—isn't in the list, which brings us to a classic good news/bad news situation. The bad news is that Starfield isn't in the list because it's not going to be there. The good news is that Microsoft and Bethesda are working on a standalone show for Starfield, "to dedicate the proper amount of time for a deep dive" into it.

Ubisoft Cancelled 3 Games and Delayed Skull & Bones - VGC
Announcing the news on Wednesday, the company said it’s “facing major challenges as the industry continues to shift towards mega-brands and long-lasting titles than can reach players across the globe, across platforms and business models”.

“However, the games from this investment phase have yet to be released, while our recent launches have not performed as well as expected.”
Worst Big Budget Games - GameFreaks365
Among all the well-received and loved games, there are some horrendous games that are just a waste of precious time. Here are the ten worst big budget games released since 2010.

This list will of course include high-profile titles that messed up badly. I also tried to include some titles that you may or may not like. In any case, every game on this list is heavily flawed. You’re better off spending your precious time watching cat videos or playing a better game.

The list is not ranked, and it will contain games that are relatively new because the gaming industry these days is not what it used to be.
New MechWarrior Single-Player Game for PC & Consoles - TechRaptor
Fans of the MechWarrior and BattleTech universe have a new treat incoming as mentioned by Piranha Games president Ross Bullock. Bullock appeared on the NoGutsNoGalaxy podcast and mentioned that there is a new MechWarrior game in development at the studio. It's a single-player/co-op game pretty much in line with MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries, albeit it's also not a DLC for it. It's going to be a stand-alone game.

Skyrim Might Get an Official Marketplace for It’s Mods Again? - MMOHaven
A YouTuber named JuiceHead discovered encrypted files on Skyrim’s SteamDB profile. One of these files indicates that a fresh build of the game —currently titled as “Marketplace”— will be released. Everyone’s first thought is that there will be an official platform for both paid and free Skyrim mods, which can save us from having to spend six hours organizing our modlist. However, Todd Howard claimed in a recent Lex Fridman podcast that Bethesda is aware that modders were crucial in attracting players to play Skyrim for a decade. Many modders that have been hired by their studios are now employed as professionals, creating new mods, or working on new titles titles. Therefore, their upcoming games (mostly Starfield in mind here) are deliberately developed in such a way that modders can find a home in them.
Witcher 3 Romance Mod Allows You to Cheat - Wccftech
Originally, trying to romance both females will result in losing both of them, but this interesting new mod allows players to romance both while still being able to get a good ending with one of them.

The mod is compatible with the original version of the game and the recently-released next-gen update, and packs four romancing choices that users can choose from:

1.Vanilla, which means the mod does nothing.
2.Yen, after the Triss and Yen payback scene, Yen is still your final lover.
3.Triss, as the final lover.
4.(Recommended) Determined by game facts (judging by previous choices you made that who you truly love and care).

In-game cheating? For real, but, we wanted to share it nonetheless as we’re pretty sure that The Witcher 3 fans will appreciate this PC mod.
Digital Foundry's GOG Interview - GOG.com
Digital Foundry has been active since 2004. It’s safe to say that you are veterans of gaming journalism. Was the DF Retro part of the project there from the beginning? And what made you highlight this specific section?

Great news that there is another Mechwarrior game in development! I'm hoping for one set during the clan invasion this time around! They have a good chunk of the noteworthy innersphere mechs as of the latest unreleased DLC so time for something new!!

Skyrim Might Get an Official Marketplace for It’s Mods Again?

Oh Todd... you naughty naughty boy...are you planning another attempt at milking your customers? Surely not...Bethesda/Microsoft are such standup people...(pukes into toilet bowl).

I like Genshin Impact very much, I must say. It is just so much ... different - and direct the opposite of a male gamer would ever dare to play. ;)

For example, it has no competition at all, and it has emotion put very much into the center of everything. I recently played an event (which includes a mini game), which has had a very moving backstory to "explain" that event. And almost every major event has a backstory - a series of quests chained together to form a backstory - in this game.

Exploration ids also great. This game is so massive, one could play years within it .. and indeed its main story is so that its development is planned over several years.

Currently, I play nothing but this game. To me, personally, it comes very close to the kind of game I always wanted ... but never got from the "western" game industry. Kotick would hate it for sure. ;)

And, I play completely F2P, mind you !

From the article :

But the player will have to grind for money that will unlock an anime girl as their player character,
If he means "in-game currency", then he is right. Otherwise, he is wrong. There is actually no need at all to use real money for that. All needed is a bit patience. If one doesn't have that - like with the "I want everything and i want it now" folks - then this game isn't fitting.

Genshin is also extremely repetitive and you’ll end up completing quests that are practically indistinguishable from each other.

That it true for the dailies. That, daily missions I mean, are to be found in SWTOR as well, and I suspect that dailies are there in almost every MMO.

There are very few fed-ex quests, and no killing rats in cellars. Most "real" quests are mainly about real troubles of people. There is a quest series, for example, of a young singer who has the problem of having too many fans. A father not wanting to tell his son that he is ill. The same son, not wanting to tell his father that his daily duty consists entirely to watch over a side entrance of the town, and not at all being the great hero his father woulds like him to see. Both lie to each other over a distance (messenger).

Oh, and also, the game doesn’t try to hide the fact that they ripped off Breath of the Wild. From the game’s art style to many mechanics, it’s extremely similar to BotW, except it isn’t nearly as fun.
I don't play consoles.
So I can't judge over that.
But yes, the developers said, as far as I know, that they took this game for inspiration.

But - why should I care when I don't play any console games ?

Last edited:
Alrik no one cares as only 2-4 members on this site play Genshin Impact. :LOL:

Now on with the news.

Five Of The Most Difficult Games I've 100%

Talking about a few of the more challenging titles I've managed to 100%!
Hogwarts Legacy - Headmaster Black Behind The Scenes (Simon Pegg)

Check out the latest Hogwarts Legacy video for the reveal that star Simon Pegg will voice Phineas Nigellus Black, the Headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, in the upcoming game. In this behind-the-scenes video, Pegg gives insight into the character he voices.
Xbox and Bethesda- Developer Direct Livestream Announced
Xbox and Bethesda will present a Developer_Direct on Wednesday, January 25, providing fans with an inside look at some of the games coming to Xbox, PC and Game Pass over the next few months.

Presented by the game creators themselves from studios including Arkane Austin, Mojang Studios, Turn 10 Studios, and ZeniMax Online Studios, the Developer_Direct will focus on big features, extended gameplay showcases, and the latest info for Xbox games launching in the next few months, including The Elder Scrolls Online, Forza Motorsport, Minecraft Legends, and Redfall.

To dedicate the proper amount of time for a deep dive into Bethesda Game Studios’ Starfield, a standalone show is in the works.
Edge Of Eternity - Community Update #2 is Out Now
For this second Community Update, we have continued to focus on Quality of Life features.

The third Community Update scheduled for next month will bring many changes to the User Interface, new bug fixes and new features.

We are currently working on improving the start of your adventure. We look forward to telling you more about this in the coming weeks.
Hogwarts Legacy using Denuvo, High PC requirements - DSO
Warner Bros has revealed that Hogwarts Legacy will be using the Denuvo anti-tamper tech. In addition, the publisher released the final – and more detailed – PC requirements for this title.

Going into more details, the previously recommended PC requirements are for gaming at 1080p/60fps with High Settings.

For 1440p/60fps with Ultra Settings, Warner Bros recommends using an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080Ti or an AMD Radeon RX6800XT with 32GB of RAM. And for 4K/Ultra/60fps, you’ll need an NVIDIA GeForce RTX3090Ti or an AMD Radeon RX 7900XT.

Hogwarts Legacy will be using Unreal Engine 4 and will support NVIDIA DLSS 3 at launch. However, there is no word yet on whether it will have any Ray Tracing effects.
Get Gamedec for Free on The Epic Store
Gamedec is a single-player cyberpunk isometric RPG. You are a game detective, who solves crimes inside virtual worlds. Use your wits to gather info from your witnesses and suspects, getting to the bottom of deceptive schemes. You are the sum of your choices.

Hogwarts Legacy using Denuvo......... oops.....I wonder how many potential customers they just lost with that little gem of information....:eek:

Back
Top Bottom