CRPG Addict blog

Considering that he gave up on Wiz 3 on the 2nd level, I'd say it's highly unlikely that he plays Wiz 4 for very long.
In your face!

I also won Wizardry II and Wizardry III!

Oh, and also:
This will end in divorce.

Celebrating my 27th anniversary in two months!

forget it, he'll stop after like the 4th game

Maybe I'll stop at 500!

As someone who has played way too many rpgs, are there any good party based rpgs, turn based for obvious reasons, where I can get like 7 or 8 party members and have long drawn out tactical-like battles with affliction stacking and crowd control effect chains and lots of synergistic buffs? Damage too of course but it is easy to find games with tons of damage spells.

Maybe something like the Royal Road story, more like an aar of an rpg that doesn't exist, Luck And Chronomancy?

I don't need the Talent/Aspect system, even a regular class system would suffice, but I want the very crunchy planning aspect. Even with GW1 I never felt like I found a DoT/affliction/debuff stacking experience that really did it for me.

While I love the achievement of finishing Wiz2/3/4, I personally just can't imagine ever wanting to spend time on them ever again after playing them back in the day. Wiz 6 is just a vastly superior game in every regard.

There are just too many good games being released at the moment. I only have time to play 1-2 classics a year so I reserve it for the best of the best!

As someone who has played way too many rpgs, are there any good party based rpgs, turn based for obvious reasons, where I can get like 7 or 8 party members and have long drawn out tactical-like battles with affliction stacking and crowd control effect chains and lots of synergistic buffs? Damage too of course but it is easy to find games with tons of damage spells.

Wizardry 8 fits that description quite well. Maybe The Temple of Elemental Evil to a lesser degree.

It's hard to find pure RPGs that allow more than 5-6 party members.

Last edited:
Wizardry 8 fits that description quite well. Maybe The Temple of Elemental Evil to a lesser degree.

It's hard to find pure RPGs that allow more than 5-6 party members.
Even 5 would work if they were sufficiently differentiated. An example of what doesn't qualify would be the Owlcat pathfinder games. Even in turn-based mode those battles are often ending in 4-5 rounds. Although somewhat cause you cast the buffs before the fight maybe? But there's no affliction stacking stuff. Bleed+poison+rot+nausea and slowing building up the damage of the combined dots.

The idea of a proper RPG with large-party, deep, tactical combat sounds interesting.

Back
Top Bottom