Cyberpunk 2077 - Better, Bigger, More Revolutionary

I wouldn't put too much weight in those words from CDP. It's just the normal hype mongering as usual. Just like Activision promise the bestest-ever-Call-of-Duty-this-time-for-real every single year.
CDP is just following the industry standard here where you hype your next game to be your best game ever. Yawn. Everyone does it like that.
I don't think that there is anything to worry about with regard to size or anything. This is just the marketing drum we are hearing here.

As the "downgrade-gate" has shown, it's best to simply ignore this kind of pre-release hype and judge the game for oneself when it's actually out. Only results count and not "better blahblah bigger blahblah revolutionary blahblah" … jeez, they sound exactly like the EActiblizzUbiTake2 brigade ;) .

Couldn't agree less with this post. They are nothing like other companies from what they have done so far.

Couldn't agree less with this post. They are nothing like other companies from what they have done so far.
+1
EActiblizzUbiTake2 brigade
No. It's EAActiblizzUbiBungieWarner brigade. Would add Microsoft but they saved themselves by cancelling the product in time. Soon we'll know if RSI is the part of it. :D

Let me put it to you this way then. If you are not setting the bar high enough, then you will never push the limits. Even if they fail in what they wanted to do, I am sure it will be better than the same crap other companies keep pushing out.

I am not saying they should not innovate. Neither I am telling they should play it safe. If you look at my 1st post in this thread you'll see I highlighted the part of the text that worries me most: "…than originally intended".

That famous teaser first depiciting the name "Cyberpunk 2077" is from 2013 (for those who don't recall it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P99qJGrPNLs). Three years ago!! And though the teaser doesn't show gameplay elements, back in 2013 (or even before that, since the teaser was first shown in January, 2013) CDPR surely already had concepts about the game, what it should be, what it should not. A teaser like that isn't made on top of nothing.

More than 3 years has passed and they came to say the game will have a magnitude "much greater" than The Witcher 3… Is that really needed?

The only piece of advice I can give'em is (I know I'm nobody to advise them of something, but here it goes): CDPR, please don't lose your focus!

Also: careful the words you use. Like "revolutionary". Ok, a game can be bigger than another, better than another, but "revolutionary" is a word that must be used cautioulsy. Even by PR folks.

I am not saying they should not innovate. Neither I am telling they should play it safe. If you look at my 1st post in this thread you'll see I highlighted the part of the text that worries me most: "…than originally intended".

That famous teaser first depiciting the name "Cyberpunk 2077" is from 2013 (for those who don't recall it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P99qJGrPNLs). Three years ago!! And though the teaser doesn't show gameplay elements, back in 2013 (or even before that, since the teaser was first shown in January, 2013) CDPR surely already had concepts about the game, what it should be, what it should not. A teaser like that isn't made on top of nothing.

More than 3 years has passed and they came to say the game will have a magnitude "much greater" than The Witcher 3… Is that really needed?

The only piece of advice I can give'em is (I know I'm nobody to advise them of something, but here it goes): CDPR, please don't lose your focus!

Also: careful the words you use. Like "revolutionary". Ok, a game can be bigger than another, better than another, but "revolutionary" is a word that must be used cautioulsy. Even by PR folks.

All I can say to that is thankfully I don't share your thoughts on the subject.

I think pushing things to its fullest is the only way. Also I don't see how they could lost focus when they are trying to push what can be done.

This isn't an EA owned company, hmmmm Bioware. where all they have to do is show up and meet numbers.

All I can say to that is thankfully I don't share your thoughts on the subject.

I am not a pessimist, I'm just being skeptic this time.

I am not a pessimist, I'm just being skeptic this time.

They, being CDProJektRed have released three games. Each better than the other.
Always supporting them and releasing a better game than the one before it.

I am not sure why you feel this why, but like I said before I am not here to change your mind.

I don't even like this setting and I am excited for it.

The stuff about bigger and revolutionairy is just usual PR crap. I do believe Projekt Red will try to make a better than they did so far. They always did. Taking the Witcher series as an example, I think they'll mostly try to give players a fresh and enhanced experience that has a deep story. I'm hyped for the game, but I'll settle for very well crafted instead of revolutionary. It's not everyday that we get really revolutionary games and in spite of being my GOTY of last year, The Witcher 3 wasn't really a revolution and more a culmination of a lot of stuff that wasn't so well handed in other games combined with a memorable worldbuilding.

I wouldn't put too much weight in those words from CDP. It's just the normal hype mongering as usual. Just like Activision promise the bestest-ever-Call-of-Duty-this-time-for-real every single year.
CDP is just following the industry standard here where you hype your next game to be your best game ever. Yawn. Everyone does it like that.
I don't think that there is anything to worry about with regard to size or anything. This is just the marketing drum we are hearing here.

As the "downgrade-gate" has shown, it's best to simply ignore this kind of pre-release hype and judge the game for oneself when it's actually out. Only results count and not "better blahblah bigger blahblah revolutionary blahblah" … jeez, they sound exactly like the EActiblizzUbiTake2 brigade ;) .

Their games have consistently grown in scale and quality over the last years. Even the smaller Dlc, show actual improvement in quality and listening to feedback.
How about we make a bet about how Blood and Wine will turn out?

Their marketing (which is the only thing I was referring to obviously) is exactly like that of the other big shots. Lots of hyperbole and some... "optimistic" trailers as far as the graphical quality of the final game is concerned is right on par with EActiblizzUbiTake2.
But I'm not saying that's bad. As I said it's just an industry standard. They all do it to generate hype. I mean let's be realistic here... what, if not hype, are they trying to generate with this "better, bigger, more revolutionary" statement?
If you are saying they are "nothing like other companies" then are you saying that CDP has no marketing? Really?

They, being CDProJektRed have released three games. Each better than the other.
Always supporting them and releasing a better game than the one before it.

Fully agreed :)

I am not sure why you feel this why, but like I said before I am not here to change your mind.

I know this. I didn't even imply that! And now it's too late. Only them (CDPR) can change my mind now :)

I don't even like this setting and I am excited for it.

I'm excited too, though I like the setting :)

Well, the good news is there will be a lot of customization options, so wolfgrim can create his Cyberpunk Lumberjack. :p
Anyway, I've spotted a thread on Neogaf, that does a pretty good job of summarizing what info there is so far...it seems there are some pretty interesting features. Revolutionary? Depends how you define it, unless you're a communist( 100% then). :p

Their marketing (which is the only thing I was referring to obviously) is exactly like that of the other big shots. Lots of hyperbole and some… "optimistic" trailers as far as the graphical quality of the final game is concerned is right on par with EActiblizzUbiTake2.
But I'm not saying that's bad. As I said it's just an industry standard. They all do it to generate hype. I mean let's be realistic here… what, if not hype, are they trying to generate with this "better, bigger, more revolutionary" statement?
If you are saying they are "nothing like other companies" then are you saying that CDP has no marketing? Really?

Now that you feel you have made yourself clear, as you were not clear to me before.

They market what they produce to me. Could TW3 been better? I don't think so.

Anyways, when the little company that could does what the impossible and becomes the KING.

If you are trying to say the hype machine is starting. Then say the hype machine is starting.....

Anyways, when the little company that could does what the impossible and becomes the KING.

What little company? CDP has been a big publisher/distributor in Eastern Europe for over two decades. They have over 300 employees between two studios (with more studios opening in the near future) and are publicly listed and traded at the Warsaw stock exchange with a market capitalization of approximately $640 million.
OK, sure, they are a good ways smaller than EActiblizzUbi but their size isn't exactly "little" either :) .

If you are trying to say the hype machine is starting. Then say the hype machine is starting

OK, sorry about not being clear enough possibly. That is basically the core of my statement, yes, and while it is an industry standard, the hyperbolic nature of such statements like "better, bigger, more revolutionary" just annoys me these days. I'm pretty sick and tired of the hype machine game ;) .

What little company? CDP has been a big publisher/distributor in Eastern Europe for over two decades. They have over 300 employees between two studios (with more studios opening in the near future) and are publicly listed and traded at the Warsaw stock exchange with a market capitalization of approximately $640 million.
OK, sure, they are a good ways smaller than EActiblizzUbi but their size isn't exactly "little" either :) .

OK, sorry about not being clear enough possibly. That is basically the core of my statement, yes, and while it is an industry standard, the hyperbolic nature of such statements like "better, bigger, more revolutionary" just annoys me these days. I'm pretty sick and tired of the hype machine game ;) .

You are going on numbers?

They have released how many games? Three the last time I counted. So if I go off of your stats the little company that could had done so.

So back to my point, CD has every right to hype their product, if we go off the numbers showing by other posters in this thread. They have proven they always deliver.

Ok, here it goes, from a thread at Neogaf:

Summary
Open world action RPG
Near futuristic setting with ultramodern technology in the corrupt and tech-advanced world of the year 2077
Set in the sandbox of Night City (fictional west coast American city) in a country where mega-corporations prop up the government
No map gating based on story progress
Sequel to the pen and paper game designed by Mike Pondsmith in 1990
Primarily single player but has multiplayer
First person and third person
Advanced RPG mechanics based on pen and paper RPG system, upgraded to the 2077 setting

Gigantic arsenal of weapons, upgrades, implants and cool high-tech gadgets
Character creation
Choose your gender
Choose your appearance and clothing
Choose from nine different character classes
Non-linear character progression with cybernetic implant system
Non-linear, complex and mature story
Morally ambiguous choices
New dynamic conversation system
Rise to power story about someone who rises from a filthy gutter to stand against a hostile world.
Many factions
Type of character created, appearance and past actions influence quest options and outcomes
Set in a decadent and degenerate human society
Core theme is "style over substance"
Inspirations include System Shock, Fallout, Baldur's Gate, Deus Ex and Skyrim
Cyberpunk 2077 will be a much larger game than The Witcher 3
CDPR wants Cyberpunk to be a franchise
The Witcher 3 composer is returning
CGI trailer graphics represent the target for the actual game

World:

Tech advancement went hand in hand with the decay of society. Body augmentations invented to serve society simply multiplied the problems, and sometimes lead to mayhem on the streets. New inventions led to addictions and poverty became an even larger problem.
"Cyberpunk's story takes place all over the world, but we're going to focus on it's most characteristic venue - Night City". Older elements of buildings will be mixed in with more modern structures.
Players will have a chance to visit places well known from "Cyberpunk 2020", including a combat zone completely taken over by gangs, the legendary Afterlife joint and the nostalgic Forlorn Hope.
Npc's talk in original language, player will require translating implant, it's level affecting quality of translation.

Format of the story:

"Players should be able to choose how deep they want to enter the story or the plot…plenty of optional content for players, spanning everything from "new quests, characters, areas,".

Focus on the main character and his/her survival.

Character classes:

Known as Roles: Cop, Corporate (businessman), Fixer (dealer-type), Media, Netrunner (hacker), Nomad (gypsy warrior), Rockerboy (rebel rockers!), Solo (assassin) and Techie (renegade doctors and mechanics).

Character customization:

" each character role will offer a set of special skills that will impact your stats in many different ways, game where character customization will be strongly tied with the plot.
"We will have several features that allow you to create your [visual] style, and your style will affect gameplay, storyline and relationships between characters,”

Entertainment in 2077:

"Braindance"…digital recordings that let viewers fully experience ( through all senses) events in their mind, but has also incited widespread social problems.

Misc: "We're impressed with Fallout 4's rollout. We're going to do something similar. We're going to wait until we can show off a very meaningful piece of it.
Will not be at E3 2016 or announced before 2017.

Here is the link...http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1196914

Unless they're deliberately lying, then yes... this is crazy ambitious.
It will be definitely bigger, perhaps not in size, but more dense and with more content. As for "revolutionary" features, what stands out the most is character customization affecting the whole game.

Nothing I have seen is revolutionary but that don't stop this from being their greatest success so far.
Even if they fail I expect this to be a game I really enjoy anyway.

+1

No. It's EAActiblizzUbiBungieWarner brigade. Would add Microsoft but they saved themselves by cancelling the product in time. Soon we'll know if RSI is the part of it. :D

Eactiblizzenibunbiwarner, to be more correct. Typical name in a Zulu tribe. :p

That list sounds like a proper Fallout 4 game :D (except less apocalypse)

Well, I have to say it doesn't really sound that great.

I am afraid that when they make even bigger, and even more customizations there is a huge risk that the story, gameplay and quality of exploration will suffer, and those are the most important things to me.

Back
Top Bottom