Diablo 4 - Loot Reborn Update

Apparently people are hitting level 100 within a day after starting the season. Most of the other changes lean in a good general direction, but it's too late, Executus.

Last Epoch stole your meal, and PoE2 has dibs on the dessert. Maybe Diablo 5 will have better luck.

Maybe Diablo 5 will have better luck.
Seems unlikely, after all they had 11 years after D3 to come up with D4, and they still got stuff so wrong that they had to put out major changes like this within 9 months of release.

Seems unlikely, after all they had 11 years after D3 to come up with D4, and they still got stuff so wrong that they had to put out major changes like this within 9 months of release.
Well, what would you say is better?

Old alchemy:
Lots of different types of herbs which are native to certain regions which make different potions.

New alchemy:
All herb bushes now just drop "bundled herbs" which you can use in any potion you like.

I wouldn't say the original method was wrong but the new method is a better fit because the game is about farming loot not looking up a wiki where to find the herbs you need.

Well, what would you say is better?

Old alchemy:
Lots of different types of herbs which are native to certain regions which make different potions.

New alchemy:
All herb bushes now just drop "bundled herbs" which you can use in any potion you like.

I wouldn't say the original method was wrong but the new method is a better fit because the game is about farming loot not looking up a wiki where to find the herbs you need.
I'm not arguing that the changes aren't better, I assume they are. (Haven't seen in person, I played a shitload of D4 on release but none this year.) Just saying, when they have 11 years to develop a game then still have to make changes this major in the first year after release, it seems their vision/foresight isn't great.

The changes look good (and were sorely needed) but I've personally moved on from D4. The game doesn't have much in the way of build variety, so while the new patch piques my interest, the limited cookie-cutter skill design turns me away.

Blizzard is constantly reinventing the wheel on how they can drive their player base away from their games lol

Back
Top Bottom