Diablo 4 - Vessel of Hatred - Release Date: October 8

$40 for the standard edition DLC, color me surprised; I was expecting at least $50. They more than make up for it, however, on the $60 and $90 versions.

They also dropped the price of the base game by $20. Newcomers can get them bundled together for $70

I'm still not biting, but maybe on the next sale.

So decades ago - during the Age of Diablo 3 - IIRC - Blizzard organized a competition to come up with excellent names for famous EPIC items for their next game. The name creators of those legendary items were awarded. And I won too and got a IIRC a nice-ish bull or diablo(?) figurine made from some dark metal. My entry was:
- The Tongue of Thousand Lies!
:D :D
Anyone remember that item from a Blizzard game?

I still don't see any reason for me to try Diablo 4. I was underwhelmed by Diablo 3 (though I completed it once) and I haven't heard anything indicating that Diablo 4 is better. When I feel the urge for a Diablo clone I will be happy to replay Grim Dawn for the 4th or 5th time (haven't counted the replays, but have just checked my in game hours and to my embarrassment I am beyond 1000 hours in Grim dawn :eek:).

I still don't see any reason for me to try Diablo 4. I was underwhelmed by Diablo 3 (though I completed it once) and I haven't heard anything indicating that Diablo 4 is better. When I feel the urge for a Diablo clone I will be happy to replay Grim Dawn for the 4th or 5th time (haven't counted the replays, but have just checked my in game hours and to my embarrassment I am beyond 1000 hours in Grim dawn :eek:).
I played through the campaign and a little bit afterwards. I'm waiting for the next expansion.
And I can 100% tell you it's way better than Diablo 3. The story, narrative and setpieces don't even stand to be compared.
The gameplay is better. The art style is much better.

The main issues it has is that they're just not taking any risks with some innovative decisions in terms of systems and mechanics. They're kind of playing it safe.
And the online requirement and inability to play completely by yourself. Though, I recent went online with a hardcore character and it seems pretty empty. So there's that. :D

What I'm excited for is Path of Exile 2. But I would hope they allow you to play fully alone, so that you don't have to see everyone and their cosmetics. I also hope they'll think about selling a boxed price for that standalone experience. They probably won't.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1khUOWjqoHk

The new class looks pretty solid. At least in the gameplay department Blizzard is still good a building very satisfying combat and animations.
I kind of love the diversity of skills, and they're saying you can focus on just one of the 4 archetypes, or mix and match. That's gotta be a lot of skills.
So I know what I'm replaying the game with.

But I'm still hungry for that paladin class. They better bring it with the next expansion.

I enjoyed Diablo 3 with hubby but I don't have much motivation to play Diablo 4 for some reason.. The only class I'm interested in is sorcerer. I miss demon hunter from Diablo 3.

I will probably get it anyway though since I can't find another game to coop with hubby atm.

Back
Top Bottom