Divinity: Original Sin II - RPGWatch Fundraiser

Wow, I don't check in on this site for 18 hrs and the campaign went nuts. Congratulations!

Yes, by just a shade under 4hrs.

Dear Codex:

obama-wins-reelection-memes.jpg

Received this from Swen:
First of all thanks a million for the fundraisers! It’s great to see both Watch & Codex rally around D:OS 2 and we’ll make sure you guys won’t regret it in game.

We’re starting to prepare the end-event and were wondering if you’d be interested in a gladiator battle between Codex & Watch in the arena mode of D:OS 2. We’d let you pick a champion, send them a version of the Arena over Steam & then organise a live showdown (best of 3 matches) on our twitch stream.

Are ye interested?

To up the stakes - we were thinking that the winner of the Codex vs Watch fight should result in the winners name being above the losers in the title screen :)
The Codex got the same mail.

Received this from Swen:

The Codex got the same mail.

Is there someone from the Watch who can actually win this? In any case, I'd leave it for HiddenX to fight or choose who's gonna do it, he was the catalyst for the success of the campaign.

When is the twitch steam match supposed to happen? I think that will limit who can be the Champion.

And why is HiddenX not listed as donor #1 ? :)
That was because of the way it was sorted. I now added the actual money entered as well in the sorting.

When is the twitch steam match supposed to happen? I think that will limit who can be the Champion.
In four days, at the end of the campaign. Don't know about the actual time, but if I'm not mistaken it started at 15:00 CET,so it will be before that time.

Lol Awesome Swen!
HiddenX all the way!

PS. I'd vote Myrthos as well, but the stress of PVPing might give him a heart attack.

I'm not interested in a Codex-RPGWatch contest, but more importantly there is also work. We have a software release to finalize on Wednesday and I'm not going to take time off to play a game instead.

That said, if anyone is interested in playing, by all means do so. Consider it to be a fun experience, if you win or not is not important.

I view it less about the contest and more about getting RPGWatch on a live stream with Swen. Good exposure and maybe attract some more like minded folks.

Codex versus Watch... Boring.
You don't fight with people who are of a different, lower level... ;)

But seriously: why this fight between the Codex and the Watch, every single time, over every little thing?

I view it less about the contest and more about getting RPGWatch on a live stream with Swen. Good exposure and maybe attract some more like minded folks.
That's true too. But at the same time, I'm afraid out there this image will be created: whenever the twain will meet, they'll be like cat and dog.

That is an excellent reason next to having fun as well :)

My vote goes to HiddenX. If he wins or loses, he remains our champion.

Codex versus Watch… Boring.
You don't fight with people who are of a different, lower level… ;)

But seriously: why this fight between the Codex and the Watch, every single time, over every little thing?

If you come to think about it, most Watchers will not mind losing this contest. On the other hand, if the Codexers lose, it will sting their pride for as long as there is a player opening D:OS2 and seeing the RPG Watch above the RPG Codex entry. And that is quite a long time. It's quite intriguing, don't you think?

That is an excellent reason next to having fun as well :)

My vote goes to HiddenX. If he wins or loses, he remains our champion.

Truer words have never been written.

I'm really glad we reached the goal! And HiddenX needs to be our champion for sure. When I went to bed last night we were at 6k in donations I woke up and we hit our goal. Only one person made that happen in that short of time.

Watch will win of course. Codex doesn't scale to our level.
*saber-rattle*

;)

Back
Top Bottom