Dragon's Dogma 2 - Microtransactions

I mentioned this before, but I'll repeat in case it's relevant. I've only tried it for max 1h, so only in the intro sequence when you fight the medusa, at 3840x1600 max settings but with dlss on 4090 and ryzen 5950x, and it averaged 60-90 fps. But what was surprising was that for a few times it dropped from 90 to 40. And that kind of drop in framerate you really feel. If it were stable and lower it would be better.
yeah, that's the difference. I'm not getting any severe drops. Even though the FPS is relatively low it's steady. Again, maybe the Gsync, I don't know. Out of curiosity I lowered my resolution to 1080p and enabled DLSS. My FPS went to 90-100 in city and 110-120 out of city. My display maxes at 120hz and I have VSync enabled. Funny thing is, I got my first stutter on this setting. lol.

It must be the open world structure that's making it this hard to run, because they've been using this same engine for a while, and none of the other games had anywhere near the same requirements. I think every game they've made since Resident Evil 7 has used this engine. This is the first one that's fully open world though.

Back
Top Bottom